ECM Question

mljcivic

I have a P1381 code. It says it is a CYP sensor. The distributor is 4 months new from DA. I followed the factory service manual troubleshooting procedure. I have 430 ohms, and no shorts, or opens, so it looks good. I get the same results from the 31P ECM connector. I re-set it and less than a minute later it comes back on when driving. There are no drivability issues. It is a 97 EX 5 speed manual with A/C, D16Y8, and four doors. The ECM# 37820-P2P-A03. I found a service bulletin for a warranty replacement issues because of a misfire code. I do not have this. Does anyone know of any other warranty issue that might get the dealer to replace this ECM. The bulletin says the replacement ECM is, H/C 6100739 which I cannot find on the internet. Any other issues that I might check. Seems of all the Honda ECM's on e-bay this is not one of them.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/HondaCB77/2010-07-09_194118_ecm.pdf
Thanks Les

RonJ

Banned
You really only need to match this part of your ECU number:

37820-P2P-A0

The last digit is just for the ECU version.

mljcivic

Thanks,
Just so happens I just did a search on ebay useing P2P A0. Still nothing. I will keep checking.

mljcivic

Seen a P2P A33 advertised for a 96 - 98 civic EX 5 speed? Not sure how they figure that matches?

mljcivic

ECU A03 and A33 Differance

From the data I have seen what is the differance between A03 and A33?
A03 - 97 sedan manual
A33 - 96-97 coupe/sedan manual
I have a sedan-4 door
Will it work?