ecu cell codes help

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
i have lookedat other posts and havent found one on this so here it goes. 90' civic dx . inoticed that there where bloches under my car on the concrete. like ifit had leaked. looked at it a while and sqw nothing. i proceeded to view the ecu. i think that the dx has obd1 right? or is it 0? i got these cell codes. 1·12·14 i saw a post saying that if it was a long blink it meant ten so then it would be 22·14 any ideas?

1 is o2 sensor 1 how do i check?
12 ???? idk what it is
14 some say acv or somethingand others say idle air compression valve
if 22 then it means fuel filter plug right?

Any and all who post or even consider, thank you.

RonJ

Banned
It's OBD0, which doesn't have long blinks.

Start by resetting the ECU to clear the codes to see whether any of the codes return.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
you reset by disconnecting the battery for ten minutes right? if so, i've done so and i got the same codes which are 1...12...14 any ideas? in a page that i have as an ecu cell guide it doesnt have 12 :/

RonJ

Banned
The easiest way to clear codes is to remove the hood hazard fuse for 5 minutes or so.

Code 12 is an EGR system issue.

What engine and ECU do you have?

Code 1 is a fuel system or O2 sensor issue.

Code 14 is an idle system issue.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
I have a d15b2 and i did have a problem with circutry lately, after i changed my head gaskets i couldnt turn on my car. my dad checked the fuses and found that 70a had a bad conection or something. he cleaned some gunk of of it And it turned on but suggested i get a new one. how do i check for these codes and how do i disconnect the front panel? new to the whole circut thing, sorry :/ sigh *imnoob*

and as far as ecu i always thought i had obd0 but idk how to check for sure but i asked a mechanic and he said it was obd0

Last edited by a moderator:

RonJ

Banned
It's OBD0, as I said. But what specific OBD0 ECU? For example, is it a PM5? Look for a label on the ECU.

Then check whether any EGR system components are missing or unplugged.

Locate the O2 sensor and EACV make sure they are plugged in.

Attachments

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
its kinda late right now so i wont be able to start on it until the morning :/ but the pick is really help full!! i believe the o2 sensor is connected, dont know abotu the egr oreacv but will look. which one is the hood hazard fuse?

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Did the reset after i connected the o2 sensore and checked for anything loose. turned on the car and now i only get code 14!! 2 codes down! but how do i check the idle system and how do i fix it? :( feel like it could be anything and something easy to miss

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pre 92 is obd0 92-95 is obd1

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Any idle problems?

Check whether EACV is plugged in. If so, clean it.
idle probs, guess so, i can hear it. i know that probably sounds dumb but yeah. If i clean it will it fix?

I read that you can turn the inside so that its not so tigh but not loose. snug. that this regulates the airflow and eliminates idle issue but should reset ecu.
is that true?

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1 is the oxygen sensor. 14 is the iac. the iac just needs to be cleaned. make sure the water passages are not plugged up. if it is idle surging the wax ring in the fast idle valve needs to be adjusted. o yeah, 88 -91 civics do have the long blink on the ecu.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
1 is the oxygen sensor. 14 is the iac. the iac just needs to be cleaned. make sure the water passages are not plugged up. if it is idle surging the wax ring in the fast idle valve needs to be adjusted. o yeah, 88 -91 civics do have the long blink on the ecu.
I figured that the eacv and iacv were the same thing, am I right? if yeah it has been cleaned. When I start my car it gives me 1 blink (kinda long) and then it just repeats cel 14 from there on. where is the fast idle valve? ive looked everywhere but cant seem to find it :(. If it is clogged somewhere, would a bottle of decarbonizer clean/unclog it? (like seafoam):???:

I read that to adjust it, you just need to make the ring a bit snug, not to tight, and that you can do this as the car is running. if so, how do I know when its fine or in the right place? or when its fixed the idle :o

Last edited by a moderator: