ECU diagnostics software for PC?

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Reposting this cuz i initially posted it in the wrong place by accident:

I'm building a 'carputer' for all my sat-nav and media needs, but i was also thinkin it would be pretty cool if i could plug it into my ECU and install some software that brought up some stats on the engine, like performance and fuel economy if its possible, basically like a trip computer or the scanguage 2 except on a windows platform. Anyone know if anything like that exists for the commercial market?

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nobody knows of any software like this?

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
I too have a carputer. What you wanna find is called PCMScan. It is probably the best one out there. I use it myself. It's pretty cool especially if you wanna run Dynos on the car.

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bang on mate, thats the sort of thing i'm after! downloading it now, don't suppose u know if it displays MPG as well? i imagine thats quite a lot to ask for one program

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
It's not alot to ask. But unfortunately it does not display MPG. I was looking for it also especially since I have my carputer hooked up permanently to my ECM, so I can get info on the fly. I don't think it is a limitation of the program but a limitation of the car's ECU because there is alot of other information that is not there.

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmmm, i wonder how the scanguageII works then? apparently it works with all OBD2 ECU's. guess i'll probably have to get that seperately and try to hook both systems up simultaniously

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
probably pretty good go for it if you think it is pretty good. My setup would be different so I don't know.

bilal

5+ Year Member
Dears,

I've Honda Civic vti 2003 (Automatic). Can somebody tell me that is it possible for me to access my car's ECU through my LAPTOP, if I get the software installed in it ? If YES, then what is the software and where from can I download it.

Thanks.

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
The software that you want is PCM Scan or ScanGuage. There are many others out there but those are the two that I use. They are not car specific so I am sure that you do not have worry about it working with your car. As long it is ODBII or above. However what you will need to make sure is that the OBD adapter is compatible with your car. I have the ELMSCAN 327, I think I bought it off ebay. Have fun, I wish I could be more help. Also if anyone is building a carputer out there Centrafuse is the way to go. it does everything even on the fly CEL reset.

Hondan.

5+ Year Member
Dears,

I've Honda Civic vti 2003 (Automatic). Can somebody tell me that is it possible for me to access my car's ECU through my LAPTOP, if I get the software installed in it ? If YES, then what is the software and where from can I download it.

Thanks.
You need a cable that connect the ecu to the laptop