1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

ECU & Injectors: turbo '96 HX

Discussion in 'Forced Induction (All Gens)' started by lambert439, Mar 8, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. lambert439

lambert439 New Member

i have a 1996 hx with a turbo kit all on the car intercooler bov wastegate all hooked up i only will be running 5 pounds of boost so what injectors and ecu will i need. i think that's all i have left to get for it let me know if i need more.

2. HeX

HeX Authoritah, respected. Staff Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I changed your title from "helppp what more do i need" to be more specific and attract the answers you need.

Have you researched it? Turbo'd HXs have been documented several times here.

3. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

What engine?

4. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Stock motor? P28 ODB1 ECU. But get it chipped and professionally tuned. Otherwise it won't last long.

Jay Jay likes this.
  5. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Fixed. :P

XpL0d3r likes this.
  6. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

:lol: It's funny but true :rolf:

7. lambert439

lambert439 New Member

ok so i got a ecu today from https://www.rywire.com/product-p/p06-chipped-ecu.htm what injectors do you rccomend iv been reading 450 dsm is they way to go what do you think

i would like to avoid having to install a resistor box if i can i will only be running about 5 pounds of boost what should i get

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2017
  8. HeX

HeX Authoritah, respected. Staff Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

@lambert439, I moved your comment from the recent thread you created into this one and merged it into the similar comment you posted here as they're related. Please do not create threads for topics you already have open. Feel free to edit your comment for clarity. Punctuations & clear spelling would help too.

9. XpL0d3r

DSM 450's will use a resistor box so if you don't want to go that route, you can't use those. You'll need saturated injectors.

These are the injectors I had with my setup, and they worked great.

10. lambert439

lambert439 New Member

thanks but thats a little out of my price range lol m already 1300$over my budget

11. XpL0d3r

Gotta pay to play.

12. lambert439

lambert439 New Member

how hard is it to wire in a resistor box keep in mind im 15 i know my way around a shop and car but wiring isnt something im too familiar with

13. XpL0d3r

It's not bad if you can follow instructions ... lol

[​IMG]

14. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Administrator Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG Premium 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member