ECU jump for ignition timing?

eortizr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi,, does anyone has a picture or can explain what is that connector you have to jump before change the ignition timing? thanks...

ca6vtec

Dwapara Yuga
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eortizr said:
Hi,, does anyone has a picture or can explain what is that connector you have to jump before change the ignition timing? thanks...
You can't change ur igniton timing, unless you modify you ECU.

ca6vtec

Dwapara Yuga
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eortizr said:
I mean moving the dizzy (advance or retard)
Well turn your car on, get a timing light and ur good to go.. I say leave it @ 16 degrees.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ca6vtec said:
Well turn your car on, get a timing light and ur good to go.. I say leave it @ 16 degrees.
thats what he is asking where is the connector to jump so the ECU does not adjust timing. You need to do this to set your base timing on the honde. Its located under the glovebox on the right. Its a blue connector

ca6vtec

Dwapara Yuga
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
thats what he is asking where is the connector to jump so the ECU does not adjust timing. You need to do this to set your base timing on the honde. Its located under the glovebox on the right. Its a blue connector
I use that to check my CEL's.

ca6vtec

Dwapara Yuga
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
Same jumper. Its the "Service Jumper"

Never used it for that, I guess you learn something new everyday. Probably never will.

manu

5+ Year Member
ca6vtec said:
Never used it for that, I guess you learn something new everyday. Probably never will.
according to the service manual thats how honda wants you to do it . if the timing is changed using the dizzy without connecting this jumper first the computer will just reset it....

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am so confused. I need to do this this weekend and adjust my valves.

eortizr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So,, what are the steps? Put the jumper, adjust timing and then remove the jumper?

thanks a lot...!!!!!

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eortizr said:
So,, what are the steps? Put the jumper, adjust timing and then remove the jumper?

thanks a lot...!!!!!
Warm up car, put in jumper, adjust timimg, pull jumper