ECU Problems

<!dra8on!>

What up people. I recently bought a 00 civic with a B20 swap. Originally, the civic was an auto but the motor swap was from a 01 CRV, and now the car is a 5-speed manual. Now, my temp gauge isn't working, and neither is my gas gauge. Normally I'd just swap the parts out but my boy told me that it could be the ECU and not the parts themselves. If this is the case... well I know nothing about ECU's and wouldn't even know where to start, and the best part is that my bro doesn't even know the ECU that is in the car. If anyone could tell me where the ECU is located and possible suggestions to fix the gauges, I'd hug the s**t out of you bro bro.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
ECU is located by the passenger side floor either under carpet by where your fit go or closer to the door ish

<!dra8on!>

ECU is located by the passenger side floor either under carpet by where your fit go or closer to the door ish
Thank you man, just got home from school so I'm gonna try and take a look at it now

What ECU?

What does work in the cluster?
My bad for taking so long to get back to you man, I made this post during finals week at my college and I've done nothing but work my ass off not to fail. Anyway, other than the fuel and temp gauge, everything else seems to be operational. I am a novice so when you say cluster I am assuming your talking about all the electronics in the dash. If so, I get accurate rpm's, radio is fine, Seat belt light etc. Thinking I might just need to get it tuned.

Also, I was told that the computer of the car is called the ECU but I'm finding out the hard way that there's like six names for everything.

Also if anyone knows any threads that discuss the ECU's or computers that can work in a 00 Civic B20 swap, please link them.

Also I seem to have the Vtec running as well so I assume the computer isn't completely useless... I just hate the CEL even thought it might be nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

<!dra8on!>

I know very little about the swap that's what's causing the most problems, but I'm gonna start dig into the internals, fluids, tranny, and so on over the next few days to get her up and running perfectly.

I pulled the codes before I left for college and they were lean codes and another code that I fixed by changing the slave.
What I'm thinking is the swap cause the lean, temp, and gas, issues but I'm trying to figure out if I can just swap a computer to fix them, cause I'd rather not spend the money to get a custom tune:(.
Truthfully, man, I'm not gonna be able to give you any decent info until I pull the ECU, as well as the codes again and check those gauge components. I'll try and update you soon on the codes that come up and the type of ECU, thanks for any help you can give man.