EG coupe need ideas

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need ideas for what? Please provide some details such as build plans, budget, cosmetic goals, suspension goals, wheel preferences, etc. Otherwise, you have an immense availability of ideas by searching through the 5th gen. section.

Jdmciviccoupeeg

well I just got the car I have some ideas of my own but otherwise I am a noob. It's a b18b1 motor. When I shift it grinds from 2nd to 3rd. I would like pointers in fixing that. Other than that I noticed the car didn't have any A/C components and I would like to know if it could fit now with the engine swap in place. I was thinking of painting it all black but idk why the front sits the way it does hood and fenders don't really sit right. Another thing would be if it were possible to install a double din and move the a/c controls lower using one of those rear center consoles. And if it could be possible to use integra controls. Considering that the front looks bad and could use replacing, could I swap the front from a 96-00 onto the car. Other than that I mostly need interior ideas. My plan is to make the car as modern as possible in the interior but still keep some retro looks in the car

I have a budget of 5000

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I shift it grinds from 2nd to 3rd. I would like pointers in fixing that.
Other than that I noticed the car didn't have any A/C components and I would like to know if it could fit now with the engine swap in place.
I was thinking of painting it all black
idk why the front sits the way it does hood and fenders don't really sit right.
Another thing would be if it were possible to install a double din and move the a/c controls lower using one of those rear center consoles. And if it could be possible to use integra controls.
Considering that the front looks bad and could use replacing, could I swap the front from a 96-00 onto the car.
-Get another transmission.
-Yes, you could install the OEM AC components.
-Don't paint it all black unless you're doing full repaint, under hood, engine bay, door jambs, etc...
-Realign the front end, take it apart, see if it has been hit.
-You'll have to hack the dash completely to do what you described, it will be a total hack, err i mean custom job.
-Find out why the front ends fits poorly before you start thinking about changing front ends, but no, a 96-00 front end will not directly bolt up.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have gear grinding, you may need any combination of a new clutch, new gears, and/or a fluid flush. Start with a proper fluid flush. If it doesnt help then the tranny needs to be dropped & opened to see what the issue is. Research all of this because its covered regularly, including a thread all about the tranny fluid flush itself.

Those are clearly aftermarker fenders which are notorious for fitment issues. Take your front end apart, inspect all the brackets, and realign each piece.

A 96-00 front end WILL fit as its been done before, so research it as it would require alot of work. Theres no sense in repeating whats already been covered.

An integra AC control will not fit without a complete custom job for fitment and wiring. Its just not worth the aggravation and cost.

I dont know what you mean by "rear center console" for AC controls, but double din installs have been done with slight modification whilevrelocating the AC controls to a lower din spot. Again, its been covered so look it up.

All your feasible questions have been covered many times on this forum and others so please get familiar with the search function. The point of all forums is to have one place to share and store helpful info for future referencing, not having people look it up for you. Good luck.

Jdmciviccoupeeg

I know a guy who would align it for me for free. Just found out today...he goes to church with me. As for the tran, is there any other way without buying a new tran. Thank you for your replies btw I'm new to this

I apologize I'm fairly new to this...

Thanks I got it for less than 2k with the swap already in and I plan to change all the lights thinking red and white tails. Idk might just keep the teal now that I saw it online. I want a daily driver mostly. I want to do something like this for the interior

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: