eibach sportlines, Skunk2's or tein s. techs?

Which would be a good lowering spring for a dd?

• eibach sportline

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • skunk2

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • tein s. tech

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

chueymuas

5+ Year Member
okay...i have a 99 civic ex...bone stock..and im looking at some lowering springs since its going to be my dd...which would be a better spring to get? the sportlines, skunk2's or the tein s.techs...just need opinions..and pics of cars with these springs would help too..thanks

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
teins

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
save up and get some coilovers. but if your going with springs go with tein.

prophetofsin

5+ Year Member
kyb gr2's with tein s techs

175/65/14

205/50/15

205/40/17

hope this helps. btw, the 205/50/15s will rub in the front when you hit bumps at speeds above 40-50mph.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Skunk 2 will look the nicest because the other two drop lower in the back than the front.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got tokico illumnia 5-way adj with sportlines on my blue si, and the ride is alot nicer then my skunk2 pro's on my red si.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good as in what? Like tastes good? Smell good?

94cxhatch18

lscxhatch
5+ Year Member
I think since it will be a DD he is looking to lower the vehicle a little to make it look a tad bit nicer, and increase handling capabilities while not dropping it so low that he scrapes wherever he is driving.

Essentially coilovers are expensive and work a ton better than springs. For a DD lowering springs are more economical and can still improve handling.

I am looking at doing the same thing.

Sorry to thread jack a little, tell me if i am way off on what you are desiring

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'll go with the skunk2 for the springs for a dd

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it's a dd then just get springs and good shocks. There is no point for you to get $600-$1000 full coilovers if the car will never hit a real race track. Unless you plan on turning it into something like that. I've had tein s. tech on tokico blues; they rode really nice on the streets and handled pretty well.

chueymuas

5+ Year Member
i know you guys are saying coilovers would be my best bet...but again..its a dd..therefore im not getting coilovers for it...but spoon egg you got any pics?