ej6 /d16y8 cheap or free little mods?

lcw202

I was wanting to see what all i could do to my d16y8 while I am off work for the next week or so. I don't have really any money at all at the moment so I was wondering what is cheap or free that you could do to your d16y8 or ej6?

Just adjusted me AICV today made a little difference, not a lot but it was recognized.

thanks

lcw202

Here is the car so far.

what do yall think of it so far?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could wire tuck? pretty cheap just takes ALOT of time. keep ya occupied. i know its not y8 involved really but something to do

akimm17

5+ Year Member
change pcv, oil change, coolant flush, clear out those ricey tails, antenna delete, clean engine bay

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
adjust your timing, check your tire air pressure, paint your valve cover... ect.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
change pcv, oil change, coolant flush, clear out those ricey tails, antenna delete, clean engine bay
Don't be hating on those tails duude, i'm doing that to mine come friday. Beware, it might be too slick looking for your eyesss. :lol:

RonJ

Banned
Hmmm...there's no way to adjust the IACV so I presume you adjusted the idle adjustment screw on the throttle body.

The stock EJ6 came with the D16Y7 engine, so did you swap in a D16Y8?

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Install a DIY fuel pump kill switch. Great way to kill a weekend, costs about 10 bucks, and has never once failed on me (going on two years installed.) Check the sticky at the top of the forum for more info.

Supposedly replacing your three major grounding wires with speaker wire is an effective and inexpensive mod, too. But definitely clean out your car's interior and engine bay first, and go over the typical tune-up parts to ensure summer reliability. Then have fun with whatever else.

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Advance your timing, it gives you a slight performance boost and in increase in MPG. But just be careful watch your temp gauge as your car will run hotter!

All you have to do is loosen the 3 bolts that hold the dizzy to the head, and rotate it counter-clock wise a little bit and check what your timing is. mines at 15* BTDC =]