Ek '96 Weird Shaking

Conn94

I own a 98 and I am trying to buy a 96 hatch so I went to see the car today and it was the perfect car aesthetically but there were some issues.

The car was shaking under the drivers seat (potentially passenger as well, i was driving so i dont know) the shaking was almost at the axle. It shook hard when you let off the gas, i have no idea what this could be. I thought it was the motor mount, could be trans or driveshaft. no idea. I asked the guy who was selling it if i could take it to a shop and see but he seemed skeptical like he knew what the issue was. He originally said he cracked a pothole and one of the bolts on some part of the exhaust came loose. which is BS because i didnt hear a sound difference.

The car shifts fine, has a stage 3 going on. its just the shaking that is the issue

Some info about the car that might make a difference
- coils , rear camber, megan lower control arms, GSR swap

If anyone could let me know the possible issue or a cost that would be great. Buddy was asking 3500 for the car and I think he'd go for 3000. I just dont want to have to put in the money to do something crazy when maybe i can get the price down a little so that way i get even, as if the car was perfectly fine.

daperez13

Respected
It's impossible to know what the issue is without diagnosing it. It could be anything from an unbalanced rim or bent axle to the car previously being in an accident and having multiple issues.

If the guy is not willing to have a professional mechanic (of your choice) look at the vehicle, then move on. You're debating right now because you like the car a lot but you'll be kicking your self later after you purchase the car and find out what the real damage is.

Brandoh

Theres a chance it could be time for a new clutch. I've heard if it shakes off the start, that could mean new clutch. Mines 201xxx and it shakes every once in a while.

daperez13

Respected
Theres a chance it could be time for a new clutch. I've heard if it shakes off the start, that could mean new clutch. Mines 201xxx and it shakes every once in a while.
That can be ruled out by putting the vehicle in 2nd gear and slowly let the clutch out while applying the breaks (or hand break). If the car dies out, the clutch is more than likely doing it's job.