EK Civic Couple Suspension

MrJsLaughter

I have a 96 EK Civic Coupe w/a LS-VTEC GSR. My EK already has adjustable Coilovers on it but all my struts are bad. I already purchased DNA 2" lowering springs but I was wondering what adjustable strut out there would go good with the Adjustable Coilovers plus the 2" lowering spring? Anyone Civic Lovers Out There That Can Give Another Civic Lover A Point In The Right Directions?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Idk if you are telling us you have new lowering springs or coilover sleeves. Kino yellow shocks with ground control sleeves are a pretty good combo if you can afford it.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
so you need shocks??

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're not being very clear. The way I'm reading it, it sounds like you bought lowering springs for your coilover sleeves. Which will NOT work.

What coilover sleeves do you have? What springs/spring rates are on there now? What shocks do you have now that are worn out?

Sounds like you need to do some more research on how your suspension works. You may have just wasted a lot of money buying those new lowering springs.

MrJsLaughter

The cool over sleeves, springs and struts on it now were already there and unsure what they are. I bought a full set of DNA 2" drop springs for $50.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
get some new shocks for your springs you can get em really easy just search a auto parts website. 203ct mentioned konis i would go with those

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
personally i would go new shocks and use the new springs,ive used cheap coil over sleeves and they blew my shocks really fast

MrJsLaughter

That's the thing. I haven't checked the cool overs to see the maker., lets say they are a good brand coil over. Could I use them with the springs and adjustable shocks?