Ek Coupe Driverdoor speaker wires

Ek_Coupe`

Does anyone know or have a picture of the speaker wires that attach to the driverside door speaker on a ek 96-00? On my passenger side speaker works but the wires are 2 grey and black on my driverside i only see 2 black and brown wires.. Thanks in advance.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you even tried to hook them up to a speaker to test them?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Figuring that out is as easy as simply hooking up the wires in both options and seeing if it works. If neither worked then here are the other potential issues...
- there's a severed or loose wire somewhere
- at least one of the wires may be disconnected or making poor contact at the radio wiring harness, or amp if one is used.
- the head unit is faulty, which is not uncommon if you still have the factory radio.

State if you have the factory sound system or an aftermarket one, and what was installed in regards to radio, speakers, amp, etc.

Ek_Coupe`

Figuring that out is as easy as simply hooking up the wires in both options and seeing if it works. If neither worked then here are the other potential issues...
- there's a severed or wire somewhere
- at least one of the wires may be disconnected or making poor contact at the radio wiring harness, or amp if one is used.
- the head unit is faulty, which is not uncommon if you still have the factory radio.

State if you have the factory sound system or an aftermarket one, and what was installed in regards to radio, speakers, amp, etc.
I had a stock radio couple days ago upgraded to a aftermarket JVC radio, both speaks are pioneer and I have no amp. Where does the other end of the negative Nd positive wired go to?

Wires*

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It sounds like you had it installed somewhere being that you're asking where the wires go, so they clearly didn't wire is correctly and something at the radio wiring harness likely came loose. Take it back as they should fix it for free.

FYI, having new equipment installed days ago is important info that should've been mentioned in the first post. Keep that in mind for future posts. Also, get familiar with the edit option for each post. I merged your last post as it wasnt needed had you edited the previous post yourself.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had this same issue in a previous 6th gen I had.
On mine, I'm guessing the stock wiring, somewhere between the door end and radio harness, there was a disconnect.
I ran another pair of wires from the door, to the back of the radio and spliced it to the aftermarket radio harness, eazy peazy!

mrcraigsr

Respected
Use a 9V battery at the head unit location. Touch the speaker wires to the + and - of the 9V if you hear a pop you know the wiring is ok and the issue is in your head unit

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Here you go...

Keep in mind that is for 99 Civic coupe. Older year models may have different color codes.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: