EK Hatch - The Phoenix

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I bought Child's 96 hatch in December, flew down and drove it back. Posted some pics in my EF thread but here they are again:

Why I picked it up for only $1000 with the WS2 exhaust still on it:

How it sits now (and since I drove it home):

And that's how it's going to stay until April, or whenever the snow/salt is done. I couldn't help myself, even though I've got the EF in the body shop and still don't know what the final bill will be, I started the part build-up lol

Ta daaa:

Plans:

Hammer out the rear end, replace the hatch, bumper cover and tails (maybe just one depending on the damage) preferably with roma red pieces. Then:

Rear subframe/LCAs/coils/wheels/tires <-- all at once. Not doing anything with any parts until I have that pile in hand. F&F Type 1s most likely, people seem to love them for the price. Rims will be Enkei 92s in gold, 15x8 +25 since Child's already rolled the fenders and done the tire sizing experiment ahead of time. Loved that fitment, don't mind if I do! :D Going to do a front strut bar as well, various interior bits, shift knob, steering wheel, seat(s) etc, and need to look around for spoiler options. Not going to be shy with the quality aftermarket parts on this puppy.

Future includes a b swap (I love the mileage/performance tradeoff of my GSR) and a color change, but the red is so nice I've got to rock it for a while, I think. Even with the back end crunched, this thing is like best case scenario where I live. But like I said, I don't know what the tally will be for the 91s body work. It's possible I already have the loot for the coils if he sticks to his original estimate but for some reason, I doubt that's gonna happen :roll:

Regardless, this thing is coming back from the dead. I already love it just from the one 1400 mile trip we had. Not many used cars I'd trust to hop in and do that with.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Wow lol this is going to be crazy.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'll be tuned in for this. Glad to see it lives on.

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
Haha there's so much pressure right now. You have to hold this car to its name with quality stuff like CHILD cause i'm sure most people are on the edge of their seats, anxious to see where this goes lol. Hope this thing turns out just as badass as it was before or even better.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Holy hell. I thought that car looked familiar...

GL with the build man.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up but im more excited about the ED build!

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its as clean as I thought it'd be. I watched the build, I knew what I was getting. The whole rust remediation avoidance thing is what I was after, and I got that. All day. Stock Honda reliability was just a bonus. =)

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
now I see why you flew down to get it. CLEAN car, and a steal even with the damage. Sounds like you've also got a solid plan in place.

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck with the build I personally cant wait for the ef to be finished

086head

Registered VIP
Wait, what happened to the rear? Gl with build, you already have a hell of a good start with the good condition its in!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wait, what happened to the rear? Gl with build, you already have a hell of a good start with the good condition its in!
Some teen that just got her license rear ended him. She was on her phone...