EK3 hatch suspension repair

rokaskey

Recently i had a semi-minor crash during which no visible body damage seemed to happen, but the suspension seems quite damaged

Simptoms:
- steering seems to draw slighlty to the right
- overall steering range feel incosistent, at some rotations steers unusualy easy, at some requires more force than usual
- when steering rotated fully- the wheel seems to by slightly stuck
- free range of brakes incosistent (sometimes even bottom out without effective breaking) but always longer than usual
- a metal sound comes from the passenger side brakes (not sure if front or rear)
- the whole front axle seems to have visibly shifted back ( although seems to have done that quite equaly)

Note: when saying usual, i compare to driving charcteristics prior to the accident

car: EK3 '99 hatch d15z6
stock suspension

what parts (or more likely) parts do i need to change?
i don't care about whether it is worth it or not, i just need to get it fixed

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Recently i had a semi-minor crash during which no visible body damage seemed to happen, but the suspension seems quite damaged

Simptoms:
- steering seems to draw slighlty to the right
- overall steering range feel incosistent, at some rotations steers unusualy easy, at some requires more force than usual
- when steering rotated fully- the wheel seems to by slightly stuck
- free range of brakes incosistent (sometimes even bottom out without effective breaking) but always longer than usual
- a metal sound comes from the passenger side brakes (not sure if front or rear)
- the whole front axle seems to have visibly shifted back ( although seems to have done that quite equaly)

Note: when saying usual, i compare to driving charcteristics prior to the accident

car: EK3 '99 hatch d15z6
stock suspension

what parts (or more likely) parts do i need to change?
i don't care about whether it is worth it or not, i just need to get it fixed
you need a lot of work, check your power steering lines, get wheel alignment, change your brakes and have all your front end suspension checked

rokaskey

UPDATE
After changing all the front control arms and both steering knuckles, the situation has improved, but is still not ideal. Tommorow i will be checking my alignment once again to see if that will be sufficient. But remaining problems:

-both front wheels are still shifted visibly back (most likely will need to change the front subframe to fix that, hopefully...)
this has started to cause the rear of the wheels to rub when turned a higher degree
-upon full lock to the right any break pressure disapears (maybe air in the system?)

I have these theories on what problems there are, but maybe someone could clarify on what could actually be wrong​