EK9?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

SRASC

5+ Year Member
I saw this car claiming to be an EK9 while browsing around a forum & thought I'd show it here. Wondering if this is a true EK9 or not. I think not personally.

Oh & they said the chassis number was "EK9B16B"

Here are some pics:

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check the vin for yourself......... you'll have the answer.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say not an EK9. EK9 are like the 99-00 models. Looks like an EK4 to me, if anything.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, shouldn't the interior be black?

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
THE SIMPLE TRUTH.

WHEELS

FAKE: Why? Cause the center caps are not red with white "H" logo. They are completely white with white center caps and red "H" logo. Also: the spokes are 5 spoke and not the genuine 7 spoke seen below... Calipers are also red: FAKE!!!

REAL: These are the real-deal EK9s wheels with original center caps.

FRONT BUMPER

FAKE: Why? The front bumper does not have side-indents on the side bumper. Also, the front grille has been sprayed flat white. The JDM front grill is clean and the wire (barely visible) is just stock.

REAL: The real Type R front bumper is clean and unmolested.

SIDES

FAKE: Why? Probably genuine Civic Type R decals but wrong car to wear them. The sidemarkers are probably "real". (not sure how you want to define that) The Civic Type R decals are also placed half-way and the real ones are placed higher. Also, its tinted up like a limo and maybe someone should tell the owner it ain't a VIP car...

REAL: Here you can see the stock lines and it wears the Civic Type R decals nicely.

THE ENGINE

FAKE: Why? First off, where is the EK9 chassis code badge when you open the hood? I DON'T SEE ONE! Give ya $20 if you can spot one! (doubt it) I say that was a swap all the way... The Type R strut tower bar and engine are real!

REAL: Cause you obviously tell there is the red strut tower bar, valve cover, EK9 chassis code tag, JDM Fusr Box Cover decal. (in medium green)

REAR END

FAKE: Why? Lets begin with the seemingly obvious midwing. Fascinating how I have ever EVER seen one with a midwing and probably won't see one with one... AGAIN! And! The stock rear lights are not JDM. The JDM pieces have a longer reverse white light piece. These lights are OEM stock with the orange and white.

Here is a SoCal native with the genuine real-deal EK9 and the marvelous rear end: ALL STOCK.

FAKE: Why? We have A LOT going wrong here...
1) A CTR gauge cluster was obviously swapped in!
2) Stock shift knob (not Type R 5spd. silver 'knob)
3) Stock shift boot (not Type R red stitch)
4) Stock steering wheel (not Type R)
5) Stock carpet/floormats (not Type R red)
6) Stock dash it looks like, but NO Type R emblem in the console either.
7) Stock door panels (no Type R red)
8) A CTR coin pocket was put in on the far right! (replacing the dimmer switch probably)
9) Stock pedals (not Type Rs)
10) Probably more missing, but thats the just of it...

FAKE: Why? Cause I see NO red!!! (compare it to the one below and you'll know)

REAL: Cause everything is real-deal EK9 parts!!! (another photo below for interior)

Yup, so that sums up my thoughts on this...
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Splat

5+ Year Member
Car looks like a CTR race base.
But some things are poping out that rase some questions.
1. the front upper grill.
2. if this is the race base, i hope that those windows are tinted, because the R/B is not.
3.The front bumper....is that custom?
4. Does this car have back seats? it comes back to the race base again.

The Race Base was a very striped CTR only for raceing, Spoon Sports bought a ton of these cars turned them into race cars and even built some to sell, i know this is no Spoon Sports R/C, but it does fall under the R/B.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm very impressed with guy 2 posts above.. props