Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, thanks for the props. I just noticed also that the front headlights are real EK9 ones but the rear taillights are not...
yeah very educational of whats real and not for almost everything. very impressive =)

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
@Nebster66 it was kinda obvious that the after market parts were, well, aftermarket LOL. wheels and bumper are aftermarket, but the mid wing can be added on to any hatch, so to say its fake is not entirely true. there are oem mid wings, doesnt come stock for ctrs, but can definately be added. But using it to say something isnt a ctr can be misleading. I'm not saying its a real ek9. reading your FAKE rage post kinda loled me.

but it isnt a real ek9

SRASC

5+ Year Member
To me though what took the cake for its fakeness was that original poster said

"This is a real Type-R Civic!!

The Chassie number is EK9B16B "

SRASC

5+ Year Member
But Nebster66, one little flaw in your dissection, concerning the tail lights. The 1996-1998 Civic hatchbacks had amber in their tail lights but the 1999-2000 ones did not. This was a 1996-1998 Civic as indicated by its headlights & front bumper (despite that part's fakeness), so therefore the amber in the tail lights would be normal.

e.g.:

In the same regard as the 1st "Type R" I got a 2nd one. This one I believe more is a legitimate one, but would like some other opinions as well as I plan to check it out Friday.

Last edited:

SRASC

5+ Year Member
Yea I thought so too, unfortunately it was sold today, so no go for Friday anymore...

cheeseneck

Already RHD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well the CTR on this page looks really nice...not digging the rims and lower wings tho...

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've kinda had a crush for the mid-wing since day one. You just don't see then around often enough to respect them.

SRASC

5+ Year Member
This is an interior shot of a racebase EK9

&

This is the outside

etc