Electrical issue after rewire

ChuecoEh2

Respected
Like Subject says...I have a 93 Civic Hatch and well i had re-wired my turn signal on the pass side. Well it was working fine up until last night. I go to turn my car on to let it heat up and i turn my running lights on and my gauges go crazy, my headlight on the pass side went really dim and my turn signal lights stayed on in the dash. So decided to go home like it was, then about to get home. BOOM!!! both headlights go out, my turn signals are the only ones on at this point. Every time i cut the lights off with the switch my left turn signal works good but my right turn signal doesnt, it makes a buzzing noise in the fuse box under the dash. Everytime i either try to turn my lights on or my heater the gauges go crazy the temperature jumps all over the place past the "h" my gas goes all the way up and again my dash lights go out or dim to the point of not seeing anything and turn signals light up but dont blink. Any help would be appreciated.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It sounds like you incorrectly wired something. A buzz at the fuse box is a huge red flag so inspect it if you havent done so. My guess is that a ground & power are inverted, bridged or touching and it perhaps fried a fuse or relay to the point of melting. You better not drive that car until you inspect the buzzing fuse box because you may cause a fire.

What prompted the need to rewire the turn signal? POst pictures of yourvrewiring and the fuse box damage, if any.

ChuecoEh2

Respected
Well i was working on my hatch swapping the engine out, and i had it on a jack and it slipped off. Luckily i managed to swivel out of there on time before it fell on me, so when it hit (the frame to pavement) my light popped right out. In the mean time my concern was to finish my swap so i didnt pay any mind to the light...so about 35 minutes pass and i was ready to move the car under my shed to drop engine in...and my pass side wheel ran over the light tearing the harness for the turn signal out...so thats why i had to rewire...as for the fuse box there is no perceived damage. i took the relay out and inspected it and no burn marks only that buzzing noise when i turn my headlights off and put the right turn signal it makes the noise. when i turn left it works good and no still turn signal lights on dash

Last edited:

ChuecoEh2

Respected
Update...i found several issues...on the driver side i had a bare wire that was stuck to the body, fixed that. Next i had 4 fuses blown all dealing with instrument cluster and headlights both high and low, and on pass side i had two wires touching that were striped off and touching. and blown fuse at the fuse box under the hood a 25a one...not sure what that was for since my fuse box cover doesnt have the diagram...as of now i have fixed it during lunch...i have lights, heater, and dash all in good working order...i appreciate the help

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member