em2 on ls mesh?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not even gonna post a pic lol, I'd have to host it.

I literally typed in "em2 on fat fives" into google images and got a boat load of pics. Go check it out.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
imo they don't look that good. any of them. 15" seems too small on the 7th gen body. but its up to you man

Matt.radich

5+ Year Member
Should I go 16"? My car isn't lowered yet, I've been waiting because of winter, but I want to be able to not put the steelies back on with summer tires, want something new.

Any suggestions on what wheel to put on the civic that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't understand people who 'wait to lower their car until spring'. So you mean to tell me that come spring you'll lower your car, and then come winter you'll put the OEM suspension back on? Um, no..

I mean, unless you're willing to drop a lot on a set up to raise your height a significant amount, it's pointless to 'wait until spring'.

OP...anything smaller than a 16" looks dumb on EM2s. Honestly, modding an EM2 is pretty pointless anyhow.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Not a very big fan club for the em2. Like Kelly said, theres no point in waiting. Unless you have really bad, snowy winters and you want to slam it. If you just want to lower it a little, then you should be good year round.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had to google what an em2 is lol. But the only ones ive seen that look good are slammed. i cant imagine that body style looking good on meshes or blades

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i cant imagine that body style looking good on meshes or blades
It's the last generation that actually looks like a Civic still, you can still see the natural transgression and how it got there.

'04/05 Ex wheels

97-98 GSR/ 99-01 LS wheels

99-01 GSR wheels

99-00 Civic Si/ '03 Ex wheels

There is no shortage of pics if you're willing to search and look around.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't understand people who 'wait to lower their car until spring'. So you mean to tell me that come spring you'll lower your car, and then come winter you'll put the OEM suspension back on? Um, no..

I mean, unless you're willing to drop a lot on a set up to raise your height a significant amount, it's pointless to 'wait until spring'.

OP...anything smaller than a 16" looks dumb on EM2s. Honestly, modding an EM2 is pretty pointless anyhow.
:word:

And yeah in those pictures alllll those wheels look like skateboard wheels...

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And yeah in those pictures alllll those wheels look like skateboard wheels...
I still think they look good. The car still has similar lines and dimensions as the 6th gen.
If we were talking 8th gen, I could see that.
The 8th gen looks bulkier and more Accord like, making 15" on those look really out of place.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still think they look good. The car still has similar lines and dimensions as the 6th gen.
If we were talking 8th gen, I could see that.
The 8th gen looks bulkier and more Accord like, making 15" on those look really out of place.
Oh hunay... the body lines of the 5th gen look way more similar to 6th than the 7ths do.

The 7th gen is like the freshman fifteen to the 6th gen.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh hunay... the body lines of the 5th gen look way more similar to 6th than the 7ths do.

The 7th gen is like the freshman fifteen to the 6th gen.
Please don't start this argument!!! Everyone thinks 6th and 7ths are more similar. I just think 7ths are nasty.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please don't start this argument!!! Everyone thinks 6th and 7ths are more similar. I just think 7ths are nasty.
I think the front ends look similar, but as for body lines I think the sleekness of the 5th and 6th gens are more similar.

I know this arguement is everywhere :roll:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Toe-mate-o, To-mot-toe

My point being, looking at the prior generations, you can see at least the natural progression and where the 7th gen came from, they're at least close.
The 8th gen looks more like the new Accord more so than it does any previous gen Civic.

Just my opinion/POV.

Back to the original topic, OP, there are some pics to get you going, and some ideas of where to find more pics.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:leavingthreadnowbye: