Embeding a YouTube Video in a post?

Decipher

Registered VIP
I was just wondering exactly how to embed a video in a post here. I've tried several times using the little button that is on the "go advanced" message box, and using every different "embed" code that youtube provides when you select "share" from the video's page, but no luck.

Can anyone explain to me exactly what I need to do?

Decipher

Registered VIP
I don't even know what a sticky is either... but thanks for referring me to that. BTW, I used the search box, typed in several key words and came up with nothing every single time?

In my defense, shouldn't that post or "sticky" have been in the Site Suggestions and Problems section of the forums, instead of Off Topic? since that's the first place someone who's having a problem would look (which I did).

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't even know what a sticky is either... but thanks for referring me to that. BTW, I used the search box, typed in several key words and came up with nothing every single time?

In my defense, shouldn't that post or "sticky" have been in the Site Suggestions and Problems section of the forums, instead of Off Topic? since that's the first place someone who's having a problem would look (which I did).
Stickies are threads that are either How To's, rules or other popular thread topics that are at the top of their specific forum. Videos get posted in Off Topic so therefore the sticky for videos is at the top of the Off Topic section in a different color than the rest of the threads.