Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Real answer: Fix the issues causing it to pop-up

Quick fix: Unplug your battery for a few minutes. The light will come back after driving around for some time, and will continue to do so until you seek the real answer above. ;)

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome:

Real answer: Fix the issues causing it to pop-up

Quick fix: Unplug your battery for a few minutes. The light will come back after driving around for some time, and will continue to do so until you seek the real answer above. ;)

lol. You would be surprised but we get asked this all the time at work. Same thing with "how do I shut off my check engine light" or "how do I get the airbag light to stop coming on".

You need to fix the problem. The light is telling you there is something wrong. If you have deleted components like an O2 sensor, put them back or deal with the light.

There is also removing the bulb for the light, but that is shady and defeats the purpose of the light.

kgmjr31

lol. You would be surprised but we get asked this all the time at work. Same thing with "how do I shut off my check engine light" or "how do I get the airbag light to stop coming on".

You need to fix the problem. The light is telling you there is something wrong. If you have deleted components like an O2 sensor, put them back or deal with the light.

There is also removing the bulb for the light, but that is shady and defeats the purpose of the light.
i got a code from the check engine lite its p185 it says coolant temp but i change the sensor on the radiator but the sensor came back on is there a next sensor i missed

do i change all the coolant sensors and o2 sensors

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sorry, but I/we have absolutely no idea what car you are working on. For all we know you could be lost and it's a Kia.

Why would you change the O2 sensor? Is there a code for it? Did it test bad?

If you want help you need to provide all the information on the car, including but not limited to aftermarket stuff and EVERYTHING you have done to troubleshoot this problem. If you can't do basic troubleshooting needed to find and fix this, I highly recommend to take it to a shop that can.

If you had searched, you would have found that P185 is for Fuel temp sensor so no replacing your coolant sensor will not fix this code.

kgmjr31

i have a 9th generation civic 2dr i recently change both Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 1,2 Circuit High and low and i still have the emissions check light on and when i reset the code it returns after i turn the car off and start it again any suggestions

do i try and change my thermostat sensor to or not

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you read my reply? P0185 has to do with fuel temp NOT coolant, of course changing out the coolant sensors isn't go to make that code go away. Code comes back because you are throwing parts at something that isn't even bad. That is if your information about the code is correct.

kgmjr31

Did you read my reply? P0185 has to do with fuel temp NOT coolant, of course changing out the coolant sensors isn't go to make that code go away. Code comes back because you are throwing parts at something that isn't even bad. That is if your information about the code is correct.
yea i did i gave u the wrong code its p2185 thats the code i am having problems with