endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Can't wait to see what RPM I'm at past the stock EJ6 RPM Tach. Has an adjustable shift light too!

Finally upgrading the rotors to high carbon and finishing the BBK in the front and rear.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Head is done ready for install.

OE Valve Seals

Supertech Springs and Titanium retainers

Skunk2 LMA's

extra vtec

Tow Truck friend scored me a free OEM front bumper.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
A bit of a headache this weekend. EX harness my friend give my was messed up. So I had to do all the harnesses twice, then I chased a short that turned out to be the G101 wasn't grounded properly because the bolt was too rusty. But good news is new dash harness fixed my unreadable CEL problem. Also heater core was leaking slowly into the passenger side, fixed that too.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Did the head this Friday

Got fancy

Found this before it caused major damage.

I forgot to do the valve lash before start up, whoops. Sounded horrible, but since it was was on I wanted to see if the fan kicked on with the new Gates low temp thermostat and slim fan/shroud. I did a quick valve adjustment after but the engine was still hot. Car was stalling out a lot but I raised the Fuel Pressure to 58 psi, and did a proper valve lash with the engine cold. It's running great now, still need to install my Skunk2 Stage 1 cams get it tuned.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
So here's my symptoms right now""Car Starts up with no problem, once started idle is fine. I drive for a couple and come to a complete stop, idle comes to almost stalling. I have to wait a few seconds idling like that and the idle kicks back to normal. It happens again randomly here and there after but not all the time"

Bought a new IACV because that's where signs point

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Bought a new Walbro 255 lhp for cheap because it was only the pump, bought a Delphi strainer and made out saving like $30 compared to a whole kit that comes with unnecessary pieces

New adjustment screw for my AEM FPR, Home Depot for the win.

New intercooler for the 91 Civic

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Bad timing, front wheel bearing was shot right before my 2 event weekend. So after work I pulled it off and replaced it. Added a little bling, ARP studs.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Car behaved this weekend, BMWCCA Autocross Saturday and Honda Fest Autocross Sunday. Need to finish my suspension badly.

BMWCCA, great first event for me, dry morning and wet afternoon. Best of both worlds.

Honda Fest-6th out of 20 by only .4 sec. but I was Fastest FWD on street tires at least.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Hit a milestone today

Did some painting

Test my rigid collars for tomorrows install.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
This job was huge, I tried to make it as quick as possible. Only took 11 hours lol, took a few breaks though.
Subfra was out in 3 hours

Rack was a pain, didn't want to mess up any fittings. Changed from a stock 8 tooth to an Integra 9 tooth. Still need an alignment to fully enjoy it.

Only Rigid Collar you can see

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Installed a block breather, need to add a oil return. It's filling up at high rev, whoops. Also have a new spark plug cover, old red DC Sport one was clashing.

No more PCV, car runs a lot better now I think.

New cover :D Valve Cover getting a paint job soon.

I tried to install it high up and loop the lines but oil is still finding its way up, tomorrow I'll piece together a return fittings.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Nice, do you know what color your going with on the V/C?
Damn somebody's been busy!!
Small 0.5 liter catch breather wasn't cutting it, I need to do a compression and leak down but found that I have some bad blow-by, my rings might not have been gaped or clocked improperly. I installed a 2 liter catch breather and added a return line like the Endyn style, works better now and no more overflow of oil. My valve cover paint came in the mail(top secret color), and since the engine is coming out again, I decided I'm painting the bay, probably a grey or gunmetal.