Engine hesitation

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay guys I've been having this problem for almost 3 weeks, and I thought it would go away on its own but it hasn't.

Okay here it goes I have this hesitation that happens in 1st and 2nd mainly 2nd. It happens once a day and its usually when I first start up the car for the day. I take off and then shift into 2nd then the revs go up to 1500-2000 and with my foot pressed down the revs slow down as if I stopped pressing on the gas. Then the revs quickly catch up, but while its hesitating it feels like something is pulling the car backwards. Any ideas what it might be? When it first started I had a check engine light and no muffler. Then I quickly changed the o2 sensor since it was in dire need of one. I also changed the oil(it was around the 3k mark), spark plugs and wires, fuel filter,and the distributor cap and rotor. Any suggestions on what it could be?
I think it could be that my timing is off or that the fuel pump is going bad.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Both those options are good choices to try considering what you've already done. Maybe you got some bad gas or the injectors are clogged up? Sounds more fuel related than timing.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It could be possible, but I forgot to mention that the car got a fuel rail treatment(where they hook up the cleaner to the fuel rail and run it through for awhile). I'll need to look into it.