Engine Light Blinking

MyEmWon

5+ Year Member
Last night right after giving vtec some love, I had the engine light blink at me 3 times. I've looked this up and others say that it could be cylinder misfire. No rough idle at all, light has yet to come back on, earlier today I cracked vtec again and no engine light.....any ideas?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Go somewhere and have them check codes, then report back. If there are not codes then you are probably fine until it comes on more consistently or stays on.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A flashing check engine light signals a misfire event that is likely to cause damage to the catalytic converter. It is possible for the engine to misfire under load, and still idle smoothly. If it was a misfire, you would have one or several trouble codes recorded, and the check engine light would stay on steady at all other times though.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
^^It will most likely show up as a history code, and as long as he stays out of vtec it won't affect anything. Like you said its still an issue though, but intermittent symptoms are difficult to diagnose, especially over the internet.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It has to acknowledge another drive cycle before it will throw a code again if it does the same thing.