engine light & tras gear ratio incorrect 2001 lx

stan major

is this fixable . just bought this car...no 30 days or anything...as is.
how long can I drive with this check eng lite on?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Find out why it is on, THAT will tell you how long you should or shouldn't drive with it on. Have it scanned for trouble codes.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Worst case scenario, you are looking at a trans control unit, trans shift solenoid valves, or internal damage from someone already driving on this code for too long. Best case scenario, you need to flush the trans fluid. So in short, no you shouldn't be driving on it or you will do further damage if it hasn't already happened.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Guessing shady car lot? They probably patched it or reset the light and it came back on after enough time for them to be out in the clear.

My recommendation: ditch that crappy failure ridden slush box and do a manual conversion.

stan major

Guessing shady car lot? They probably patched it or reset the light and it came back on after enough time for them to be out in the clear.

My recommendation: ditch that crappy failure ridden slush box and do a manual conversion.
car shp...expensive and solid rep. I will talk to the owner tomorrow or next day...see what he's willing to do. if he will do nothing I have a whole landscape of reprisels as I am known in this here for my radio shows in the 90's...and have contacts with the newspapers...tv stations etc.
dont think he'd like his rep sullied do you?
I also write a daily blog seen in 104 Nations by 85,000 viewers. He would be page one.

*link removed per the advertising rule. You need permission to advertise here*

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Come on. You bought it as is. What news paper or tv station is going to take that on? You have no case, hence the contract you signed stating that you agree with the as is. Shady or not, you can't prove anything unfortunately. You are stuck with your mistake of buying a car sight unseen and no warranty. Even reputable lots have at least a 30 day guarantee.

85k? s**t man, even a kitten falling off a table on youtube gets over a million viewers yours is a drop in a bucket in comparison. That is supposed to scare the guy off? What good does the 104 "nations" do for a guy that sells cars in florida? He ship worldwide?

Not trying to bust your balls, just being realistic. I am guessing that the guy won't give a damn as you have no legal ground on an "as-is" transaction.

Either way, you came here asking advice and were given the schenario of what is possibly wrong. Take it or leave it. As stated, I recommend ditching the auto. They are terrible and regardless of weather this was happening before you bought the car or not, they are known weak points in the earlier civics. It would have failed sooner than later. Flush the fluid and go from there.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is this fixable . just bought this car...no 30 days or anything...as is.
Or course it can be fixed.
But you may be stuck fixing it, since you DID buy it "AS IS" and apparently no warranty, implied or otherwise.
Talk to the dealer, see if he will work with you.

car shp...expensive and solid rep. I will talk to the owner tomorrow or next day...see what he's willing to do. if he will do nothing I have a whole landscape of reprisels as I am known in this here for my radio shows in the 90's...and have contacts with the newspapers...tv stations etc.
dont think he'd like his rep sullied do you?
I also write a daily blog seen in 104 Nations by 85,000 viewers. He would be page one.
None of that matters., nobody in the other 103 countries is going to care.
One car will not ruin his rep.
If you do write about it, sure people will read, but time will pass and it will be forgotten.