Engine Swap questions, LX 2002

L4m3st0n3

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What diff engine model's do they have in the 2002 LX Civics and DX and EX. and the HP on them?

And what engines can you swap out direct bolt in's with 2002 LX civics, not the Si, Or does the type r fit in all of them?

My friend just blew his engine in 2002 civic and insurance says they might total it. So he wants to buy it back and just swap the engine to something better.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the only direct bolt in is the same exact engine. a ex motor with slightly more hp will be bolt in, but will require some amount of wiring, but im not familiar with 7th gens so i dont know how much. shouldnt be bad though. 7th gen swapping is still in its infancy, so at the moment there arent many options out there. a k swap is quite involved an complicated, and proabaly should be avoided if you want something easy.

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LX
115 @ 6100
EX
127 @ 6300

You can get Used EX motor for less than $500 on ebay.
Cheap D series motor.

Xenin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
better off getting the D17A2(EX motor) then doing it up(bolt ons/internals) then turbo. it would a lot cheaper than swapping a K20.

Exodus

Civic Nation
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2004 LX here.. you say the best way to go is get an EX (motor), then build it up from there?

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Xenin said:
better off getting the D17A2(EX motor) then doing it up(bolt ons/internals) then turbo. it would a lot cheaper than swapping a K20.
Not worth Swapping.
Just turbo LX.

Bull

Statue of Chuckerty
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicvtec1ps said:
Not worth Swapping.
Just turbo LX.

:werd:

you can pick up the lx motor for under 500 and then order the turbo kit from stafford fabrications for 3100. that would be the best thing to do. the k swap is still to much and the ex swap would hardly be worth the extra effort to wire just for an extra 10hp.

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm..I'm thinknig the same thing..I have the LX and might do K20A next summer..but not sure not many have done swaps on the 7th gens..

Polykarb

6000rpms and im gone->
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you don't wanna spend a whole lot of money:
-D17 build-up +turbo

A lot of money:
-K20A turbo and everything