Engine swap

Lewis churchill

Just needing a hand, I'm thinking of taking the 1.8 vti engine and putting it in instead of my 1.4, and if anyone could let me know if I have to change the ecu and harness if I did or could I use the harness that's in my car??

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

It would help if you provided the car year / trim / engine you currently have. But in most cases, you'll likely have to change ECU, but can probably modify the stock engine harness. It depends on the year of the new motor too.. ODB1 / ODB2, etc.

Lewis churchill

:welcome:
It would help if you provided the car year / trim / engine you currently have. But in most cases, you'll likely have to change ECU, but can probably modify the stock engine harness. It depends on the year of the new motor too.. ODB1 / ODB2, etc.
It's a 2000 1.4 sport saloon

Last edited by a moderator:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
It's a D series to B series swap. More specifically a non-vtec d series to a dohc vtec swap. Going to be very similar to a non vtec d15 or d16 to b16/18C swap here in the US. Google D14 to B18C swap, someone has to done it already and I'm sure it's 95% the same as a typical d to b swap.