Engine trouble: 98 civic EX

DJayT

I have already looked on YouTube and have found nothing for my car. Upon turning the rod a spline? came out

DJayT
I must reiterate I did find how to remove the bearings but none on my specific car which really doesn't matter but I do not know what that piece is that fell out

DJayT

mrcraigsr

Respected
I must reiterate I did find how to remove the bearings but none on my specific car which really doesn't matter but I do not know what that piece is that fell out

DJayT
Those are thrust bearings there is only 2 the one that's still in and the one that fell out. Get a small flat heat and tap one one side if the main bearing you'll see they come out pretty easy

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

DJayT

Those are thrust bearings there is only 2 the one that's still in and the one that fell out. Get a small flat heat and tap one one side if the main bearing you'll see they come out pretty easy

Thank you.

DJayT

DJayT

? [emoji593] I always used assembly lube

So I finally got the correct bearings now I'm having trouble getting the new one in on the top half?
I am going to replace one bearing at a time. I've already tried using the Carter pin trick and almost lost the Pin inside the rod.

DJayT

DJayT

So I finally got the correct bearings now I'm having trouble getting the new one in on the top half?
I am going to replace one bearing at a time. I've already tried using the Carter pin trick and almost lost the Pin inside the rod.

DJayT
Update, I put on some assembly lube and it slid right in. Almost messed that one up. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here.
again thank you for all of your previous help

DJayT