Engine turns over but will not start.

Vex_

[Solved] Engine turns over but will not start.

I have a 91 civic hatchback, 3 days ago while driving on the highway i tried to accelerate but felt the car slowing down , after pulling over the car would not turn back over. since then i have tried just about every thing i can think of, i replaced a blown head gasket , tested the spark plugs and wires i am getting a spark and the wires seem to be in good condition, tested fuel injectors they are still getting power and i can hear them clicking when i turn the key. so where i'm at now is cylinder compression when i tested them i came up with about 90 psi on each cylinder , which from what i have read is much lower then they should be. So i'm not sure what do from here, what could cause the low compression and are there any more tests or fixes i can do at this point.

tldr
car turns over but doesnt start
i have spark and fuel but bad compression
where should i go from here.

thank you for your time any help would be awesome.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Well low compression would be an issue, the hotter the car gets, the less compression you will have... so that can be your issue, try putting oil in the cylenders, this will very breifly raise compression, and see what that does!

Vex_

Just wanted to update and say that my car runs now. Turns out the problem was a broken rotor on my dizzy, a quick trip down to pepboys and far to long removing the old one and its going like a champ.