1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Erratic idle?

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by Caymanized, Sep 5, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Caymanized

Caymanized New to Civics... Be nice!

We had drove across town last night, just barely enough to get the engine warm, and when we got home and got it parked, it started surging at idle, like the RPM would drop and return to normal and repeat for about 3 or 4 minutes... started it back up and it didn't happen again... Any thoughts? It has done it a couple of other times, but only happens in park.

2. lowlife9

lowlife9 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

try cleaning your iacv valve.

3. Caymanized

Err....location? I'm not really familiar with Hondas.... at all.... Thanks for the tip though. As soon as I find it :P I'll clean it out!

4. lowlife9

5. Caymanized

Thanks! I'll get that checked and cleaned, and I'll update if there is an update!

6. Caymanized

Is it possible this will cause shitty fuel economy if the IAC is stopped up?

7. lowlife9

among other things like old oxygen sensors air filter,oil,spark plugs gunked up injectors etc etc.