XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My JDM B18B motor and USDM ECU fight like little school girls over a My Little Pony Limited Edition...

anyways...

The ECU is pissed off because it can't find the purge solenoid... but the JDM motor's don't have them.
I have a purge solenoid, but how should I go about hooking it up? I am using my stock y7 wiring harness still, but I can't seem to find anywhere on the harness that the solenoid can plug in to.

I know as for hooking it up I just need to give it some vacuum lines to make it happy.. but how do I go abouts plugging it in to let the ECU know that everything is going to be okay?

Or.. is there a bypass for it? I searched and didn't find much... I really don't want to f**k with the ECU since there's already a wire in there hangin on by a thread (CKF bypass, cut wire too close to the connector, it's just barely connecting.. I'm afraid if I move it too much it might go.. then the ECU would really lose it's cool).

Any ideas on how to tell ECU to quit being a b***h? I need to pass MA emissions, but my ECU is more temperamental than my ex-girlfriend :shock:

Thanks for any help...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bump... anyone?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats ClubCivic for ya, :lol:

If the ECU is looking for one, theres gotta be somewhere to plug it into. Search through the wire/ECU diagrams on FF-Tech, and see where it supposed to pin into the ECU. If theres nothing there, you might have to add it in yourself. Its a 2 wire, round style plug (like the o2 sensors), so finding a pigtail for it will be easy. I think I have a few, actually.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats ClubCivic for ya, :lol:

If the ECU is looking for one, theres gotta be somewhere to plug it into. Search through the wire/ECU diagrams on FF-Tech, and see where it supposed to pin into the ECU. If theres nothing there, you might have to add it in yourself. Its a 2 wire, round style plug (like the o2 sensors), so finding a pigtail for it will be easy. I think I have a few, actually.
I found a plug for it.. but for some reason I swear it was one left over from when we did either the auto/manual or vtec conversion... It's a blue colored round 2 wire plug....

We'll see.. I still need to know which vacuum lines to use too lol.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I found a plug for it.. but for some reason I swear it was one left over from when we did either the auto/manual or vtec conversion... It's a blue colored round 2 wire plug....

We'll see.. I still need to know which vacuum lines to use too lol.
Txt me a picture of your engine bay, and I'll show you where to tap into for a vac line.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Txt me a picture of your engine bay, and I'll show you where to tap into for a vac line.
One sec... lol

OK posted them here instead. Take your PIC (no pun intended :lol:)... also attached image of said blue plug..

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put a vacuum T inline with your fuel pressure regulator vacuum line, and hook it up in there. It MIGHT not be enough of a vacuum, so if that dosent work, try inline with the PVC.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Problem solved. Turns out I already had an Evap Solenoid... but when we plugged everything back in from the motor swap way back in August, we accidentally plugged it in to a dead plug from when my car was automatic (before the auto/manual conversion)...

Found the RIGHT plug on the harness, and still got the CEL... turns out the solenoid was also dead. Luckily had another solenoid on hand, switched them out, and 265 miles later... no CEL..!

Thread can be closed :D

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your welcome for the solenoid. :lol:

:thumbs up

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your welcome for the solenoid. :lol:

:thumbs up
Fair trade off...

Install my motor, give me a shift linkage and solenoid, and I'll just give you my old motor, an iPod, and pay for your dinner. lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OK bad news.. light popped on... 280 miles later... same code.

Back to square 1 lol.. ideas?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OK soo... update:

Solenoid is in, but not bolted to anything... aka just floppin around in the bay.. I know on some cars (not Honda specifically), the evap purge solenoid HAS to be right side up, and it being upside down can cause problems. Anyone know anything about this? Because the plug is too short to actually bolt it anywhere, and I don't wanna lengthen the wires if it's not going to help the issue...

x_da_don

5+ Year Member
for a permanent fix you can grab and obd2 LS intake manifold, it has the soleniod mounted right on top of the manifold, so you only need the on line going to the canister, and make sure you are not plugging in the iat plug because there are identical

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for a permanent fix you can grab and obd2 LS intake manifold, it has the soleniod mounted right on top of the manifold, so you only need the on line going to the canister, and make sure you are not plugging in the iat plug because there are identical
Was thinking about that, and may do so.

And yep, it was actually plugged into a different identical plug at first, the plug is dead from a previous swap and just left it on there.. But anyways, it's in its right location now, had to check wire colors to verify. I managed to drive over 280 miles and keep it off, now it's coming back. I'm assuming during that 280 mile drive it was right-side up the whole time lol. I'm going to mount it (hopefully today when I get out of work), and see if that works. If not, may get a USDM mani...

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Had the same CEL with my B20 Sol, I dont have emissions so I just lived with it :lol:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yo you back home? You should trip up to Lake George for a few hours. I'll see if I can fix it for ya's.