EX Crank, No Start.

JeremyHarris

Hey all,

I have a 98 EX.
No codes.

It died while driving one day and hasn't started since, I've never had any problems up to this point.

It will crank all day long. When I crank, all the belts turn as does the cam shaft. Timing belt has been visually inspected also.

I get a very faint light when I use a plug wire checker.

I have checked fuel.

I have diagnosed spark and replaced the plugs, wires, and distributor, I installed it correctly, not 180 out.

Triple checked spark plug wiring.

I noticed that the crank position sensor wires had been severed, so I replaced the crank positioning
sensor, SURE that that was the problem.

It still will not start.

What else could it be?
What am I missing?

Thank you IN ADVANCE!

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to provide more details. Did you have any issues go on prior to this issue? Have you considered the starter being the issue? Does your car turn over but not start?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Check all the grounds? Confirm the ecu is not dead? What "faint" light are you speaking of?

JeremyHarris

Checked all the grounds that I know of. Not sure how to confirm good ECU. Faint light on my spark plug tester when cranking engine

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Best way to confirm the ecu is dead is putting a known good one in. You checked the thermostat ground right? What brand distributor did you use?

JeremyHarris

Unfortunatly I don't have another ECU to test. I did check thermo ground. Ebay unbranded distributor. Is that my problem? Thank you

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Knock off distributor has my vote. The consensus is to not use aftermarket electrical stuff on Hondas. They are very well known for rejecting sensors, distributors, cheap plugs, wires, etc.

Danniwrae1995

I have no crank no start situation. It has a brand new starter in. Please help if you have any ideas as to what's wrong. Looks like the clutch stafy switch is still working you can hear the fuel pump start when you turn key but thats about it.please help

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
If you have battery power, check the power at the starter. If you aren't getting juice to the starter check the wiring from the ignition switch to the starter.