F&F type 2 coilovers on a 2001 ex coupe (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrillin

Respected
Okay So I tried the search and couldn't find any good results. I want to know if any of you with 01 or 02 have had problems fitting these on your ride. Some results have told me that 01 and 02 have 14mm strut bolts (crash bolts) and the 03, 04, and 05 have 16mm bolts. The F&F website lists these as compatible with with all 01 - 05 civics, so my question is... am I worried over nothing? I called them too, and they said they haven't had any problems with them fitting so that made me feel a little better. Thing is, I'm trying to get everything ready before I take anything off my car. Everyone I know with these has a 03 strangely enough also.

link to the springs i got:
http://www.ffcoilovers.com/Function-and-Form--Type-2-Coilovers--Honda-Civic-2001-2005_p_37.html

I have an 01 civic ex 2 door

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

update: I also called a couple other companies that makes coils for my car and they say the same thing, they will fit. Guess I read bad info somewhere, but hoping someone else out there is in my boat.

UPDATE2: So I took a bolt off my current wheel hub and tested the fit... there is definitely 2mm of play which is NOT good. I need a suggestion or help finding a bushing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.