fake hood scoop

renedeleon

I bought my 96 civic from a lady who bought it from a mechanic "retarded mechanic" he left that car Rice, I had to remove soo much to make it look good again but my biggest problem is this fake hood scoop on it and it looks like he has done more than just add adhesive glue on it. It looks like its óme with the hood and its painted over to make it look real but there's no hole under the hood for air to go in, its fugly. I need help removing this wack ass thing, its rice and its fugly. Thanks to anyone who helps

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
...buy a new hood?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
^ either new hood or get to prying and sanding

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ either new hood or get to prying and sanding
New hood (same color) - $100 - 10 minutes of work

Prying / sanding / repainting - who knows.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aircraft remover. should kill all the paint, but just make sure you get it NOWHERE else. You'll need to sand / repaint the hood anyways after that thing comes off.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since you can't take the hood scoop off and I'm assuming the scoop is in the middle, cut a hole under it so air can get Into the bay and then add some itb's.

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
find some kid with a stock hood, tell him you will give him this badass hood with a legit hoodscoop for his stock hood.

but make sure you tell him it adds 15 hp

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I has to be cut off somehow. Chisel grinder, hammer? idk. , it was molded to the hood with body filler aka Bondo. You can also sand it away.