FC3C Daily Driver Build

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone,

Alright, well some of you guys may have already seen pics of this car in my 240SX build thread, but I figured instead of posting updates there I'll just make a new thread.

Anywho, I picked this up awhile ago and got back into the Mazda family, this time with a rotary! It had 62xxx miles, great condition other than terrible hail damage on the hood, and minor damage on the trunk.

Here's what I've done so far:

When I first picked it up - it's first wash!

What it looked like for awhile:

Then I picked up some wheels for it. These are the Square R33 replicas, with 215/40 tires

Then, scored a set of used (but in amazing condition) Cusco Zero-1 coilovers.

Then, got to installation.
Before:

Front comparison:

Rear comparison:

After:

Drove around like that for a bit, then decided to throw on the wheels. So far I like them, but I may go for a more 'aggressive' look later on, not so 'stance' ish.

Stuck in a Momo wheel

Took a few actual pics

Then I scored a set of Ganador mirrors for the car. Lots of people are telling me it was a waste of money as they're so similar to the stock S5 mirrors, but these are some of my favorite mirrors. They look good on anything! Plus, got them for a steal so why not? =)

Stock:

Ganador:

I had recently started my own painting in my garage on little stuff, so I figured I'd take a stab at the mirrors. Bought a quart of Blaze Red (lots of extra for future uses!)

Sanded, primered, then base coat:

Cleared!

Needless to say, even before wetsanding they came out great. Here's some pics of them on the car:

That's pretty much it for now! The progress won't be super fast on this one, as I have a main build I'm focusing on.

Will update this thread any chance I get, comments & criticism is welcome!

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love FC Convertibles, and this one is sick. Thumbs up man definitely subscribed to this.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I just saw one of these around me and it was red and a convertible as well.. and also in very great shape.

Looks good lowered!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys =) Took me forever to make a build cause I wanted some type of progress to post on it, haha.

Just ordered some new lights for the fogs and driving lights. Also ordered a full NGK tuneup kit for the car as it's much needed!

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man you make those wheels look like factory on it, it should've came with those from factory.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your paint at home skills are getting better =) from the 240 to this, i think you have improved a lot

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man! It's taken me awhile to get the proper spray pattern but I'm slowly getting there =)

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, small update but a well worth my time update! I hadn't looked at the plugs since I purchased the car, and I've put a few thousand miles on it so far. So, did a oil change as well as got a new air filter, plugs and wires.

Here's the runthrough. NGK Care package:

Trailing plugs, old vs new

Leading plugs, old vs new

New wires:

Needless to say, it was needed and the engine runs very smoothly! Excited to see what my gas mileage will be looking like.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha right! Needless to say the car feels amazing now.

More updates soon!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So clean! How the HELL did you find that car with that low of mileage!? Making me want a RWD here!! Great job, man, sub'd!