Firing order

risingsun32

Ok so today i had to time my b20z2 with ls trans swapped 00 civic si and convert the connector for the crank sensor to a 2 wire since the guys who swapped it did not. So wen i went to start it it was rough idle and died. No matter how i hav changed the order it does not work. Any idea what the deal is? uploadfromtaptalk1458361318247.jpeg i attached the current firing order but it only backfires in this order

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

risingsun32

Ok so this is a update and tell me if this makes any sense.... the code reader finally allowed me to set the vehicle im workin on. It pulled the no signal to crank sensor code. But the car starts if i change the order to 1-4-2-3 instead of the 1-3-4-2 like it supposed to. So why is it that it starts in the wrong order but runs rough like wires are switched but wont start and backfires in the correct order?

Ok i guess the proper way to put it now that i think of how the rotation is is that it will start in 1-3-2-4 not the 1-2-4-3 order

Last edited by a moderator:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
It's 1-3-4-2 with four being closest to the dizzy. Why did you convert the crank sensor? Was it not starting at all before this?

risingsun32

It was the crank fluctuation sensor i converted. Im not so used to having a distributor so im used to the crank sensor being in the bottom of the engine. Turns out my rotor in the cap busted where it mounts and dropped the screw out so it would only distribute the spark in a weird order but wouldn do so correctly. So its running now but the new problem is that it acts like its missing at idle but when im accelerating or driving where i hav my foot on the gas at least a little the miss is gone. Im popping codes for both o2 sensors as circuit malfunction so im not sure if thats y or if its what my friend says and the spark timing is off. I also pop the intake air temp sensor and evap performance

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Plug the iat back in or buy a new one if yours is broke. Put a timing light on and jump the service connector to check ignition timing