First Car: 1992 Honda Civic LX (D15B7)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay. I'll see about asking tomorrow. Im gonna head off to bed. Have a good night.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thought I'd conjure up a list of the problems with my "project" car while it's raining.

1. Left turn signal and right brake light sockets need replacing
2. Windshield Washer Resevoir needs repair (leaks)
3. Windshield Washer Pump may need replacing/fixing.
4. Tires are all different
5. Driver's side window doesn't close all the way
6. Cigarrette lighter doesn't work
7. No stereo (so no dome light)
8. Heat shield rattles (i think)

And probably a lot more than i actually know about.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Does it rain constantly over there? lol but really most of those should be pretty easy fixes. And plus who really needs a cig lighter?;)

pls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay, just got back for UPS, and it don't look good. The quote i got was for $55 and that was just the shipping cost not including handing. Your better off, buying one locally.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh dang. I'll look and if I don't have any luck I'll turn back to you if you still have it.

Anyways, update on my car.

A guy I work with dropped me some JDM tail lights. It's too dark to put em on right now so I'll have to put em on tomorrow to show you guys, but they look nice. They're similar to these. (Euro Altezza's.) http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mytightride/honda-civic-00-4door-chrome-taillights.jpg

Oh also, apparently my wiper blades decided to give my dad trouble when he drove my car up to work so I could drive home. He said he had a hard time getting them to start. Also, I have no heat, nor defroster, but I think the defrogger works, and winter's coming up.

pls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh dang. I'll look and if I don't have any luck I'll turn back to you if you still have it.

Anyways, update on my car.

A guy I work with dropped me some JDM tail lights. It's too dark to put em on right now so I'll have to put em on tomorrow to show you guys, but they look nice. They're similar to these. (Euro Altezza's.) http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mytightride/honda-civic-00-4door-chrome-taillights.jpg

Oh also, apparently my wiper blades decided to give my dad trouble when he drove my car up to work so I could drive home. He said he had a hard time getting them to start. Also, I have no heat, nor defroster, but I think the defrogger works, and winter's coming up.
Those lights are a NO NO, OEM looks way better......but if you like'em, rock'em.

or get these. These are okay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CIVIC-2DR-4DR-EG6-JDM-RED-CLEAR-BRAKE-TAIL-LIGHTS-LAMP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a1992Q7cModelQ3aCivicQQhashZitem20b3d63f3aQQitemZ140456116026QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3827wt_1165

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Basically what I have on my car right now. But, Idk, I've always liked the way the Altezza's looked. I'll put 'em on and see what they look like.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just popped the altezza's in and I like them, so I don't mind your hate. Otherwise, go all out.

Will edit with pics soon. Forgot to edit out the LP.

There we go.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car is taking shits all over. My coolant level is not in my comfort zone. I'm afraid I'm leaking. It's below min. I need to start marking this stuff down because I can't remember what level it was at. Also, my oil is still a quarter below the line, so It didn't go down after driving 8 miles from the time i got gas to the time I got home. I'm also not sure what else is wrong with it, but I should probably do an oil change asap.

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
ya man i had the same feeling when I bought my 95 LX D15B7. I just kept finding problems that the previous owner never took car of. Now my car is riding smooth after I fixed most of the stuff. Hope everything works out in your favor.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I would just get a different car.. And the tailights look ehh.. They dont go with the flat black at all

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't have the money to buy another car and probably wouldnt be able to finf anyone whod wanna trade.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No. I wanted to take the wheel off because there's another 14 in the trunk with better tread than the 13 on the right and since the left is a 14 it'd be better if the front of an inch higher since the car is lower in the front. But, the owner before me put these s**t lugs on the car and I can't get them off of the right wheel. I'll have to take it to someone who has an impact wrench.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow...

with those tailights, you look like all the other douchebag honda drivers out there.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's okay if you think like that. They're better than my old taillights. They were hard to see my turn signal lights and brake lights.