First Car: 1992 Honda Civic LX (D15B7)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, I think I'm leaking antifreeze. It's really, I mean really low. There's about 30 mL in there. I need to see about getting some tonight.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Picked up some Peak 50/50 antifreeze and a can of Flat Black Primer Enamel from Autozone last night. Gonna paint the right wheel when I can get it off.

Pics later.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry for the triple post, but haven't had time to take the wheel off so for now I'm not gonna paint the rim. However, me and my dad were looking around in the engine bay and found out what that hanging tube goes to. It goes straight into the engine where the antifreeze goes into and there's a hose there that's looped from the left side of the engine that's supposed to go into the heater control valve. So, we did a quick switcheroo, leaked some antifreeze, cleaned antifreeze off, and tried to run the heater. Apparently, the tube that comes out of the firewall directly into the rear end of the heater control valve isn't on tight enough, and that's probably why the previous owner bypassed the heater altogether. However, we can't get to the tube because it's in the most uncomfortable, most inaccessible position behind the intake, under ten more hoses. (Exag.)

This picture is the tube that goes into the engine, and the tube pictured on the right (meshed) goes to the heater control valve.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry for the triple post, but haven't had time to take the wheel off so for now I'm not gonna paint the rim. However, me and my dad were looking around in the engine bay and found out what that hanging tube goes to. It goes straight into the engine where the antifreeze goes into and there's a hose there that's looped from the left side of the engine that's supposed to go into the heater control valve. So, we did a quick switcheroo, leaked some antifreeze, cleaned antifreeze off, and tried to run the heater. Apparently, the tube that comes out of the firewall directly into the rear end of the heater control valve isn't on tight enough, and that's probably why the previous owner bypassed the heater altogether. However, we can't get to the tube because it's in the most uncomfortable, most inaccessible position behind the intake, under ten more hoses. (Exag.)

This picture is the tube that goes into the engine, and the tube pictured on the right (meshed) goes to the heater control valve.

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
Yo bro do me a favor and measure you B pillar to b pillar... been trying to find some one to do it... the top of the seat belt harness for the passenger all the way to the harness for the driver..if you can do that ull be a life savor.. trying to find a b pillar for my 6th gen coupe and they are non-existant

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm leaving them on till I paint the car probably.

Also, it's not the heater control valve. It's the water valve.

#4 is the hose that's leaking.

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just popped the altezza's in and I like them, so I don't mind your hate. Otherwise, go all out.

Will edit with pics soon. Forgot to edit out the LP.

There we go.
ewwwwwwwwwww. gtfo here put those old tails back in. those ricer taillights are the ugliest thing ive ever seen

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My taillights are broke I believe, so these will have to do for now.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ripped the altezza's out and put the other tails back in. I took a pic but didn't bother getting it off my phone. Next step is fixing the engine.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Smashed my left corner light on my brothers CRX by accident. Parallel parking doesn't like me. :s. I'm probably gonna take the wheels off the CRX and shove 'em on my car probably this week. Will post pics of how that works.

stuco

5+ Year Member
Do you have any idea what the paint looks like under that flat black paint job? (I've seen where people have removed cheap paint with easy off oven cleaner) I totally understand being on a budget but I would do something about that paint if it were me. You could even keep it flat or matte black and make it look much better on the cheap. Maybe look into macco or something and do the prep work yourself. A single stage white semi gloss would do well to cover up any slight imperfections.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm planning on getting paint before Christmas. I wanna go gloss black.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bought a pair of stock manual mirrors for my civic. Was a pain to put them in because they didn't fit right because I have power mirrors. They work better than the weird ones I had on before.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Nice job on the mirrors, how much that cost ya? And yea dude if you do want a different car, you just always gotta be on the look out for deals and trades

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got em for $15. I`m definitely looking into a same gen or newer gen civic for trade or if i can sell this one. Been raping cl for like two weeks now.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I like the new tails, and the idea of a gloss black paint job. When you thinking about doing it? id like to see how it goes because the 98 im lookin at needs a new paint job and i was thinking about spray bombing it black too

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I'm deciding on charcoal gloss black. I really like charcoal but I kinda want black cause civics look sexy in black. I may go black. And also, it'll probably happen in early December. My hours at work keep getting cut.