First project car! Where do I start HP Wise!?

daltonshirley68

If it has a d series engine get rid of it and put a b series in it and then turbo it that's the best way because I don't think they make supercharger for Hondas

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

daltonshirley68

I am not it's true you can't get good hp out of those d series

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I am not it's true you can't get good hp out of those d series

You can't swap a B series engine into a 7th gen civic.

YOU don't know how to make decent power out of a d series engine.

The d series in the 7th gen is unlike the previous generation variants. His best option is a costly K swap, which this person is not going to do.

daltonshirley68

O I am sorry I didn't know that I just know the ones for a 92 d series you can't get good hp out of them

daltonshirley68

Well without turbo is there a way and without nos do they make superchargers for those engine.

dancam

Registered VIP
You can get decent power out of a d series. It just costs a lot more.
I think the original post may have been more of a trolling question though. Anyone who actually wanted to know would have provided info. Thats why this thread had been left alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daltonshirley68

Because I don't want to do turbo or nos because I do t want to blow the engine because it will be done on a jdm d15b

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dalton, no offense but your main thread has proven you dont (at least yet) possess the knowledge or experience to give automotive advice.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@Dovelx , I hope its manual. Otherwise, I dont believe these automatics are worth upgrades. Whats your budget and what do you want out of this car? Peppy daily driver, weekend fun, track car?

Dovelx

It's auto but I want to swap trans and motor. I just wanted it clean with a little bit of get up. I'm not a speed demon so an ex swap isn't out of the question

Dropping her on skunks 3" after New Years

But I'm in the military so about 3 or 400 a month to save toward car upgrades

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I wouldn't bother with the trans swap. I would just do a good tune up and save your money until a clean 5spd comes along.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Dovelx

Guess I'll just have the cleanin slowest civy then. Gonna run exhaust and maybe do the ex head

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why waste money on new exhaust now when you may swap the engine and need another exhaust to match up later on? It'd be useless on the stock engine anyways. Just upgrade the muffler for now and possibly add a high-flow cat.

Dovelx

I won't get a new engine if basically all I can do is the K swap. Too much dough for me.
And I don't have enough knowledge to do it myself