Floor wet - Removed fender - plug missing? Pic inside

Hatchback Booty

Am i missing a plug or cap here? Only place where water is entering and getting the passenger side floor wet. I was expecting to see it from a crack in the seam sealer - but I did a temp. seal on the hole and poured water on the side and the inside stayed dried.

Thank you in advance =)

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Does that hole shoot inside the firewall? It looks like it's ahead of it. I would look elsewhere for a leak even though it may appear that's where it's coming from. But... To be safe and piece of mind, go get a plug for it or just make one. Then spray your car down with water and check for leaks :thumbs up

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i did a wire tuck on my passenger side headlight harness and if im not mistaken that hole did have a little plastic plug but it was on the inside of the engine bay and it lined up with that hole. check in your engine bay and see if there is a hole the same size with a plastic plug

Trekk

Registered VIP
Do you have a/c that you are using? Are you sure that the drain line isn't leaking on the floor if so?

Hatchback Booty

im certain its not the a/c. car sits out in the rain and then it happens. Alaska...I did just that...so now im wondering if im missing a plug =D. Im interested in mc360s comment...any pics by chance?

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im certain its not the a/c. car sits out in the rain and then it happens. Alaska...I did just that...which is why im asking if im missing a plug.but thank you. Im interested in mc360s comment...any pics by chance?
I'm starting to get that problem as well. I have my fender off right now so when I look at my car I'll check it out. I noticed in the car wash so I could see it and it was coming from higher than that hole so maybe near windshield wipers etc...I'm not too worried about mine cause its a couple drips at a time in car wash only...idk about yours.

Hatchback Booty

Stcopley - that would be much appreciated. Its more of a little trickle during heavy rain which my area gets frequently during the summer, I already had to rip the carpet out because the condition. The previous owner or owners never "properly" addressed the issue. When removed I the carpet I found nice little holes were drilled thru the floor as a work around... just wow!

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry i have no pictures but that hole shouldnt go anywhere near the firewall. if i remember right the plastic plug was in the engine bay behind the battery