foggy headlights? dont scrap them!!!

d17a1racer01

d17a1racer01
5+ Year Member
i just read on another site about how a guy bought some cheap headlight cleaner to clean up his foggy and yellowed headlights. it didnt work and now he is thinking of ebaying some. I had foggy and yellowed headlights on my em2 and here is how i fixed them....

1. get 1000,1500,2000, and 2500 grit sandpaper (wet or dry). polishing rag. and some sort of plastic polish like meguires plastix.
2. soak all 4 sheets of sandpaper for at least 15 min in water.
3.make sure to keep headlights wet at all times during this procedure and dip sandpaper in water frequently to clean.
4. start with 1000 grit wet and sand entire headlight going side to side using a firm but not hard pressure. do not go in a circular motion.
5. go to 1500 grit wet and sand up and down over entire headlight.
6. go to 2000 grit wet and sand side to side over entire headlight.
7. go to 2500 grit wet and sand up and down over entire headlight.
8. wash and dry headlight. at this point the headlight should be uniform but not clear. it should still have a little haze to it.
9. apply plastic polish in a circular motion with firm pressure and let dry to a haze. buff with a polishing cloth in a similar motion and look closely at your headlight. if there are still hazy areas repeat steps 8-9.
10.do steps 2-9 on other headlight, step back and enjoy your "refurbished" headlights!!

If you do not feel comfortable doing this DONT!! I am not responsible for any mistakes made or any damages done. this is just a "how to" that I have come up with and if you try it and mess something up dont come crying to me.
If you have any ???'s let me know and i will try my best to help you solve them.
Again if you feel uncomfortable in doing this ask a friend (who might have done it before) to supervise or even dont try it at all

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that other site is D-series.org

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did this to my ebay projectors and it worked liek a charm im goign to have to do this to my friends vr 4 soon too this is a great how too