For the D16y7 and D16y6 pros

dieseltech7

5+ Year Member
I bought a 96 honda cx.... And it was in an accedent a wile back and its not the orginal motor.... It looks super fresh though... But I ran a compression test and I was pushing 185psi per cyllinder which is overspec... and wet test at close:shock: to 200 so the rings are mint... Id like to find out the original miles on the car how would I figure that out? Also the transmission is diffrent with a stage 2 ACT clutch ( not sure how many puck) It shifts great and I installed a t.a.c by sunpro and It revs to 9 WTF???? and nice accleration but doesnt top off very well
:shock:l

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The tach can go up to 20000 RPMs.. DOesnt mean the motor will hit 20000RPMs

dieseltech7

5+ Year Member
Actully I found the problem with the T.A.C I was supposed to ground to chassis and I grounded to battery....

but anyways what do you guys think about my swaped motor? should I slap a timing belt on it? and should I wonder if its a piece of crap? it looks and runs mint

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pull the upper timing cover off, and take a look at the timing belt. Its it looks worn, change it. Or, just to be safe, get it changed anyways. Never hurts. The Y7 redlines at 6800rpm. Just cause the tach goes to 9000rpm, dosent mean you should take it there.