10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In my top 5 Honda colors:
Midori Green
Tahitian Green Pearl
Electron Blue Pearl
Aztec Green
Rio Red
I agree with all except Tahitian green and Rio Red. I would swap that for Iced Teal Pearl and Milano Red. Midori takes the cake though!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its looks so bad ass, then you have that "certified used car banner" on there and makes it look like poop, please take that crap off.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its looks so bad ass, then you have that "certified used car banner" on there and makes it look like poop, please take that crap off.
I agree. I didnt realize what it said until you mentioned it. I personally dont think any brow decals look good, but thats kinda cheesy for such a beautiful Civic.

bobby2552

Respected
Got my car back from body and paint. It was 03 dodge prowler orange, now it's 96 civic hatch midori green.
I"ll try to get more pics up, but this will do for now.

The drive to drop it off.

7 weeks later.

Random shots!

So sexy!! That car looks sick =) I may be wrong, but shouldn't the cold air intake not be right by the hot engine?

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So sexy!! That car looks sick =) I may be wrong, but shouldn't the cold air intake not be right by the hot engine?
That was temporary. The guys that did the paint job swapped intake mani's while the engine was out of the car. What was in that pic was replaced years ago.
This pic was from last summer and this is what it looks like today.

Last edited:

bobby2552

Respected
That was temporary. The guys that did the paint job swapped intake mani's while the engine was out of the car. What was in that pic was replaced years ago.
This pic was from last summer and this is what it looks like today.

Sweet!! Looks good!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally drove this civic this past weekend since that last pic I posted. It just sits in the garage collecting dust. Last time I drove it back during spring break I got pulled over for my driver side brake light not working. The previous September I drove to the other side of the state for a car show and my friends that were following behind me noticed that light not working. Pulled out the original bulb (lasted 16 years, stanley bulb) and it looked good, but replaced it and all was fine. So back to this March, got pulled over. Just a verbal warning. Went home looked, yeah, running light works, just no brake on the driver side. Swapped bulbs and it was still not working right. Pushed in all connectors and harness plug, still not working. Pushed on the brake pedal and saw that the light was now working. WTF. Okay. Pressed the pedal a couple more times and it didn't work right again. Random. I'm not the guy to diagnose electrical, especially since it was randomly working. Screw it, let it sit and didn't d**k with with. Car sat for months.

I've pressed the brake pedal every now and then while it was sitting and they worked. Decided to pull the car out last week and wash it, plus gave it a much deserved wax.

Pre wash and wax:
(looks clean in this pic, but it's not)

4 months of sitting in the garage.

Brake lights were working fine during all this experience. Drove to a car meet on Saturday and all was well, then on Sunday I went for a small cruise and after leaving a friends house I saw the brake light wasn't working again.

Anyone else have a similar problem like this? There doesn't seem to be any corrosion on the connectors or the harness plug for the tail light. Been enjoying the daily drive of the original midori I have, so no major rush to get this fixed, but I cannot put it off forever.

Any who, here's a pic of my longest relationship.

Washed and waxed:

Last edited:

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree. I didnt realize what it said until you mentioned it. I personally dont think any brow decals look good, but thats kinda cheesy for such a beautiful Civic.
Notice Something Different?!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Notice Something Different?!
Yes!!! I cant believe its just been sitting in your garage for months. What a waste for such a great looking banner-less Civic.

As for the brake light issue, you're not alone. I've been having a similar issue for quite a while and havent yet figured it out. Its my drivers side brake light on the trunk lid. Coincidentally, I plan on working on that today.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes!!! I cant believe its just been sitting in your garage for months. What a waste for such a great looking banner-less Civic.

As for the brake light issue, you're not alone. I've been having a similar issue for quite a while and havent yet figured it out. Its my drivers side brake light on the trunk lid. Coincidentally, I plan on working on that today.

Let me know what you find out on your tail light. Maybe it'll shed some light on my situation.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let me know what you find out on your tail light. Maybe it'll shed some light on my situation.
It seems my issue is a faulty bulb. I use LED dual-function bulbs and it seems that one of the connections internally is faulting. I did verify that of the 3 wires at the brake bulbs, the red controls lighting up when the lights are on while the green controls braking. That should help you in diagnosing what and where your problem is occurring. At first I thought it was a bad prong connection until I noticed it was bulb specific. Good luck with yours.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It seems my issue is a faulty bulb. I use LED dual-function bulbs and it seems that one of the connections internally is faulting. I did verify that of the 3 wires at the brake bulbs, the red controls lighting up when the lights are on while the green controls braking. That should help you in diagnosing what and where your problem is occurring. At first I thought it was a bad prong connection until I noticed it was bulb specific. Good luck with yours.

I see. I'll dig in to my situation some time soon.