From Ohio; Setting up 1990 EF Hatch for SCCA

Silver Comet

5+ Year Member
Hello Club Civic,

My names Nick and I am currently a student studying to be a Computer Engineer in Cleveland, Ohio. I am 21 years old with an associates of Science and an associates of Liberal Arts degree. I've owned my 1990 Honda Civic EF hatchback for nearly 6 years now. I bought it when vacationing in Florida with my family when I was just 15 years old! The car had 20 inch chrome wheels, filthy interior, and engine that felt like it wouldn't make the trip back to Ohio... I decided to gamble with the 1000$ I spent on the car and take my chances driving it back.

Most of the modifications we're done in the first year of ownership until I got out of High school. For the last few years it's been my daily driver between college, work, and female endeavours. The car besides for the 20 inch chrome wheels, the car was stock. Me, my father, and brother did all of the work on the vehicle.

Mods:

Original 1.5L SOHC D15B2 was retired. Swapped in 1.6L DOHC ZC.

* Air conditioning removed
* New timing belt, water pump, and battery
* Brakes (Rotors, pads, drums all new)
* Clutch replaced with a clutch masters stage 4 clutch
* Air box replaced with short ram intake
* Traklite Rims with Nitto Tires 7" Wide (Almost new)
* Suspension replaced with Tokiko lowering springs (1.5 inch lower) and Tein springs
* Megan racing header, down pipe, OEM cat, and straight pipe
* Brand new SI front end: Bumper Cover, Bumper Support, Headlights, Signal Lights

I enrolled in college in 2010 and a few days before class started I purchased a 1987 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo II. Needles to say the Honda was put on hold till just recently... I still have it and love it. I'm going to be drifting it pretty soon here at Beaverun in PA.

Anyway the plans for my EF Honda are to swap out the DOHC ZC for a stock D16A6, bolt-ons, suspension and brake upgrades, and to gut the interior for a cage and buckets. I want to have it SCCA ready with my college kid budget by 2015.

I look forward to assisting anyone on this forum and to gather more knowledge about cars. Thank you.