Front Bumper Removal

civic_pete21

Rust is your friend!!
5+ Year Member
Ok, so Ive done searches and it never gives me what I want and I dont want to spen forever looking it up. But This morning I was trying to remove my front bumper, and when I thought I had all the screws and bolts holding it on, there was more. Under the hood I guess? But I can get a screw in there?

So I was just wondering how some of you who have taken the front bumper off would tell me how to do this? Or I guess if you dont want to spend the time telling, is there a website or something that I could see like pictures or descriptions on how to do various work such as this on the 4g civic? Thanks

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
2 screw in the femder well, remove the panel that goes under the headlights, remove the headlights, remove the upper screws that were under teh headlight (but atttached to the bumper, then remove any and all bolts underneath holding the bottom to the car.

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why does it seem to be the biggest b***h on 4th gen as opposed to other models?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
why does it seem to be the biggest b***h on 4th gen as opposed to other models?
cause of those damn screws under the headlights. :shock:

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tom said:
cause of those damn screws under the headlights. :shock:
i know and it's so annoying...the bumper on my civic comes off in like....not even 5 mins....the crx bumper though..

civic_pete21

Rust is your friend!!
5+ Year Member
No kidding!!! And not only that, but the screws are so rusted that I strip them trying to get them off, so I already cut the two bottom bolts because they wouldnt budge for crap! But yeah, thanks for the help...I didnt know if that strip under the headlights came off? But thanks alot...

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the back bumper is even wors a cuple of my bolts wouldnt move at all and got striped

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
4doorcivic16 said:
the back bumper is even wors a cuple of my bolts wouldnt move at all and got striped
actaully the rear is easier, all you have to do is remove the 2 screws on each side in the fender wells, then remove the interior panel that are hiding the 4 nuts that hold the bumper on, and remove them, then the bumper just drops right off.

civic_pete21

Rust is your friend!!
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I tried the rear too...and there are the two screws underneath that just wont budge!! Plus one is right above the tail pipe...so I will probably be sawing those off, and put some self tapping screws in later!! lol But Ive got bigger problems on my hands now...RUST!!! All over I have rust, I removed the crappy splash guard things, and when I did that the whole bottem part of the fender fell down (The part that tucks under the car)!!!! So yeah...and I have about 10 places that are like that!! lol so I have my work cut out for me!!

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i got some rust going to i can tap my back bumper and rust falls out of it and the Q panels got big rust holes in them. so i guess ill need to fix that lol.

civic_pete21

Rust is your friend!!
5+ Year Member
Ok...I did everything you guys said, but I ran into some problems. The metal bar thing that is between the lights and bumper will not come out unless I get the headlights out. I got one healight out already, but the other one is like screwed on the bottom part of the headlight, and I cannot get to it. I think that is what it is atleast. So I guess my question now is how to I get the headlights out, because I think the one I did get out is broken, and it wasnt the same as this headlight...thanks alot, you guys have been a big help so far...

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ok here try this, make sure the 2 screw in the fenderwell that hold the bumper on are removed, next remove the bumper turn signal len's, if you look directly ahead you should see 2 10mm bolts behind each turn signal lens, take them off and it should drop right off.

civic_pete21

Rust is your friend!!
5+ Year Member
Ok...cool!! I never even thought about that, thanks alot. I appreciate a bunch. And again, Im sorry if I sound so much like a noob, but I dont know too much about civics...Thanks again

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
We all were newbs at one point, so no biggie on needing the help.

civic_pete21

Rust is your friend!!
5+ Year Member
I went and looked at it today and the two bolts that are right behind the turn signal have nothing to do with the headlight. Atleast the ones I looked at...did you mean these:

Well anyway, the one light I took out, I took pics of where this headlight is giving me problems...atleast that is where it feels like it is. I think that it is bolted in to this?

If not, Im running out of ideas on how to get this out!! It making me so mad cuz I cant get a simple headlight out!!!

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i meant those 2 bolts would drop teh bumper off, not the head;lights, lol.

civic_pete21

Rust is your friend!!
5+ Year Member
OH!! hahaha...I see now!! lol Yeah, I got to looking back there, and I thought it was the headlights, and I saw that those bolts had nothing to do with the headlights, and I was thinking maybe you were trying to trick me and when I did that my engine would drop or something (just kidding!! lol) But that makes since now!! Thanks again, youve been a big help...I will get right on that tomorrow morning!! lol

scooby89civic

5+ Year Member
Tom said:
Ok here try this, make sure the 2 screw in the fenderwell that hold the bumper on are removed, next remove the bumper turn signal len's, if you look directly ahead you should see 2 10mm bolts behind each turn signal lens, take them off and it should drop right off.
that how i take mine off takes less then 5 min