1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Front end damage need opinions

Discussion in '7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)' started by Cody5527, Oct 25, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Cody5527

Cody5527 New Member

Ran into the back of someone probably doing 5-10mph...... got the car back from the insurance comapny and was going going to fix it myself but ran into a little issue. Where the front bumper reinforcement (the aluminum bar behind the bumper) attaches the one side is fine but the other side is crumpled inwards and i doubt it is bendable back to where it needs to be. Other than that it would be easy to fix. Just curious if anyone knows what would need to be done to fix this issue and what id be looking at cost wise and if its worth trying to fix at this point. The car is awesome in every other aspect. I attached photos of both sides where the passanger side is okay and the drivers side is the damaged

Attached Files:

2. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I would have a shop look at it.

3. Cdreece

Cdreece New Member

if you don't want to spend a lot to fix it I would buy a come-a-long and pull it out while hitting it with a big hammer until you have enough to get the brace to bolt up

4. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

More details needed.

What did your insurance company tell you? Did they total your car?

5. Youngsoulja2

Youngsoulja2 New Member

I can not remember off the top of my head how the front support is held on. If need be cut one out of a junk yard and weld it in place, just make sure you get the measurements correct.

6. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member