1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Front hub removal???

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension (All Gens)' started by Dfuse, Oct 17, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Dfuse

Dfuse New Member

How do i remove the front hub on my 1996 civic dx?

2. purpej1

purpej1 honda fiend Registered VIP

have you tried google or the search button

3. Dfuse

Dfuse New Member

Yes smart@$$... so far i got all the brake stuff off, took the hub nut off, and pressed the rotor and hub most of the way off. My problem is i cant get it all the way off... there are 2 screws in the rotor that need to be taking out by impact screwdriver. 2 bits have already been brokin doing this... Any other options?

4. reyscivic

reyscivic 5th gen owner Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

dude your not going to get help talking like that.. if the bits keep breaking the just drill them out.

5. Dfuse

Dfuse New Member

Ok 1) that 1st part of the reply was for the previous post who wanted to be a punk when i was asking for help... 2) thank you for the advice about drilling them out i didnt know if they were necessary to be in there but after looking at it more i dont need them so Thanks

6. RonJ

RonJ Banned

People who don't want to help should just refrain from posting.

Remove the knuckle/hub assembly and then have a shop press the hub off and then on after replacing the bearing and other parts (if necessary).

7. Dfuse

Dfuse New Member

I can press the hub off and on myself thats not a problem.

8. purpej1

purpej1 honda fiend Registered VIP

i wasnt being a smart ass im just saying what alot of other people would say instead of posting on here waiting hours for a response you could try google i fixed alot of s**t on my civic threw geogle not always asking people