Front License Plate Logo

Creepncrawl

I was wondering if a front license plate logo is legal instead of using the standard license plate in California. I have seen bmws with them so I was just seeing if this can be a viable replacement since the standard license plate is not very appealing.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, that isn't a legal replacement for a plate. If your state requires a front plate you need to run the one that was given to the vehicle.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
If you're from California, and you have to ask if it's legal, the answer is no. NOTHING is legal in California.

.... Now pipe down, pay your taxes, and vote more democrats into state office you slave!

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
I was wondering if a front license plate logo is legal instead of using the standard license plate in California. I have seen bmws with them so I was just seeing if this can be a viable replacement since the standard license plate is not very appealing.
It isn't a choice of appeal, if you lost it you have to report it to the dmv to get a new set given to you. Yes, there are people whom have special license plates here Ca but they are allowed to because of a couple of reasons. 1) They could be running a body shop, dealership, or whatever(they paid to be able to do this for advertising, and to transport vehicles from places when they are recently purchased. You must have other certificates/licenses and a business to be able to apply for this) 2) A person, like you, decides their vanity plates are too boring so this person can go to the dmv and ask to have a special license plate(one with a design). The Dmv will charge you an extra fee for giving it to you and that fee is paid again every year when you renew the plates--aside from that you can only pick from the selection they provide. Which here in Ca the only options are two different versions of a sun in the background. Any other form of design is illegal and you will sooner or later get pulled over and given a hefty fine. 3) The only other way would be if you had a classic/historical vehicle with the plates of their particular era. You must also have the last registration that says it was running under those plates + The license plates renewal sticker for the year last operated must still be on the plates.

If you're from California, and you have to ask if it's legal, the answer is no. NOTHING is legal in California.
There are many legal things here, the rules and regulations are just more stringent than other places; There are always ways around certain things but you have to meet qualifications

.... Now pipe down, pay your taxes, and vote more democrats into state office you slave!
:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
There are many legal things here, the rules and regulations are just more stringent than other places; There are always ways around certain things but you have to meet qualifications

Let me rephrase... If you're from California, and you have to ask if it's legal, the answer is no. NOTHING is legal in California. Unless you pay extra for it :lol:

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Let me rephrase... If you're from California, and you have to ask if it's legal, the answer is no. NOTHING is legal in California. Unless you pay extra for it :lol:
;) Much better lol :cool: Yeah that is almost about the gist of it