Front Shock Fork Collar on Koni Yellow

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by Inspector, May 20, 2015.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Inspector

Inspector New Member

2000 Civic SI. I currently have a set of Koni Str.T's on stock springs that I'm looking to swap in a Koni Yellow/GC setup. It looks like the Koni Yellows require the reuse of the OEM collars that interlock with the top edge of the shock forks. My OEM shocks are long gone and it doesn't look like they're available separately. They are welded onto the Str.T shock bodies.

Does anyone know of a work around to this aside from junkyard diving?

2. Inspector

Inspector New Member

I am not talking about the tophats. I'm talking about the fork collar at the bottom end of the shock. It's a collar with a little vertical tab in it to align the shock fork on the shock body. Also has a lip on it which I'm afraid is needed to keep the shock from sliding down in the fork. The Yellows dont come with the collars, and the instructions say to grab the collars off the old set of shocks....... seems only possible to grab from OEM shocks as most aftermarkets have the collars welded onto the shock body. I'm not about to buy a $160 oem shock just for the stupid collar.

3. xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx Surge Master Registered VIP

The fork wont slide any further that it is suppose to onto the shock body.