Front speakers quieter then rear speakers.

EJ1 Coupe

Alright so i have Polk 650i's in the back and moved the speakers that were in the back to the front.
I have always had this problem and i thought it was just the crappy front speakers but i guess not.
I'm guessing it is a wire problem but I'm not entirely sure. Any guesses?

Also my rear speakers make a crackling noise when its turned up loud or if the bass is turned up. Any reason why this could be happening?

Thanks

L3IX

the crackling is blown speakers....

EJ1 Coupe

There is no way as i have only had them for 1 month.
And only had them powered by the 22watt rms deck i have w/ no external amp.
I was thinking maybe a ground wire or power wire touching metal maybe.
If it was blown no big deal because they are under warranty.
Any other guesses? what about some input on front speakers being quieter then the back?
And the fade isn't faded to the r or front at all but if i do you can tell its obviously quieter!

L3IX

id look at your power and ground but to me it sounds blown... wen you hav loose power or ground it more can more sound like your speakers under water lol

EJ1 Coupe

The back speakers sounds fine when playing low-mid volume.
If i ever want it loud it will start to pop or crackle only too the bass
I'm almost positive its not blown lol. its basically done this since i got them.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when the rear speakers start making those sounds, its because you have exceeded their limits. they cant handle what you are forcing them to do, which will ultimately result in them blowing. you need to turn the volume down

as for the fronts being quieter, adjust the settings so the sound is more focused towards the front. problem solved, and will put less stress on your rear speakers.

EJ1 Coupe

Not really. lol I will take a video on my way to the store right now of how bad it is from front to back and then post it.

As for the poping sound i can deal with if its just me pushing its limits.. Ha

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you adjust it, it will focus the sound more towards the front. unless you have resistance in a wire to the speakers.

yeah you can deal with the popping sound, but then when your speakers blow and its constant and they sound like ass, you will regret it

do you have the booster on so its louder? turn that off

also invest in a small sub so you can run minimal base to the speakers. will help a lot. and im not talking out my ass, this was my job

EJ1 Coupe

if you adjust it, it will focus the sound more towards the front. unless you have resistance in a wire to the speakers.

yeah you can deal with the popping sound, but then when your speakers blow and its constant and they sound like ass, you will regret it

do you have the booster on so its louder? turn that off

also invest in a small sub so you can run minimal base to the speakers. will help a lot. and im not talking out my ass, this was my job
I'm pretty sure there is some resistance but i'm having a hard time figuring out how i would run new wire threw the harness in the door..

I purchased a i think 5 or 10 year warranty for $20 lol. Includes if the speakers are blown.

I have loudness off the Eq settings are bass 0 med +3 treble +2
Sub setting freq: low Bass level +8(max level)
Fade: 0 Balance: 0

I have a 12" Type R sub w/ 1000 watt amp so i don't need the bass from the 6.5's The speaker wire is on the opposite side of power wire also.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure there is some resistance but i'm having a hard time figuring out how i would run new wire threw the harness in the door..

I purchased a i think 5 or 10 year warranty for $20 lol. Includes if the speakers are blown.

I have loudness off the Eq settings are bass 0 med +3 treble +2
Sub setting freq: low Bass level +8(max level)
Fade: 0 Balance: 0

I have a 12" Type R sub w/ 1000 watt amp so i don't need the bass from the 6.5's The speaker wire is on the opposite side of power wire also.

run a new wire right from the headunit, behind the dash, through the grommet for the door and right through the little tube part thing you will see between the door and firewall, and run it to the speaker.

fade towards the front some will help also

as for the popping of the rear speakers, you are probably just maxing out the speakers, trying to exceed there limits

EJ1 Coupe

How do you get the speaker wire into the door though lol. I have looked at it and tried to like pull on it and it looks pretty hard to get in there.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you basically just gotta play with it and get those seals out. i forget how they are exactly, but they can be a pain in the ass. i forget if there is a plastic ovalish clip inside with rubber seal over or not.

im not sure how to explain it, but i would take the door panels off and look in if i was you. its been a good year since i looked in lol

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
impedance is wrong?? make sure its a 4ohm with a 2 or 3 way speaker, also make sure its not your head unit...other then that, check your wiring...

EJ1 Coupe

you basically just gotta play with it and get those seals out. i forget how they are exactly, but they can be a pain in the ass. i forget if there is a plastic ovalish clip inside with rubber seal over or not.

im not sure how to explain it, but i would take the door panels off and look in if i was you. its been a good year since i looked in lol
Yea i just did today because i had to re hook up the speaker in front and i'm pretty sure there was a clip its super hard to get off but i'm sure one of these sunny weekends coming up i will get it done.

EJ1 Coupe

impedance is wrong?? make sure its a 4ohm with a 2 or 3 way speaker, also make sure its not your head unit...other then that, check your wiring...
Head unit is pretty new (bought it new last year) . The speakers that are in the front were in the back before and they sounded the same as the polk 650s do now when they were back there. But they sound like crap and are quieter now that they are in the front of the car. I'm sure rewiring them should work if not. I'm stumped lol.

EJ1 Coupe

Alright so i rewired the speakers in the front and It sounds a little better I still need tweeters or something.
Found out that my left speaker wire was crap and the sound quality was very muffled sounding..
And the right speaker has probably seen the end of its days. So i put in a temporary speaker.