front turn signal bulb?

civickid94

the stock front turn signal bulb for a 98 civic I believe is a 3496, which I believe is white. I put in new headlights and they are clear so I need an orange bulb, anyone know what would fit? Thanks

greenEJ6

I'm not sure I would just go to the local parts store and take it out and match it up

riceroni009

good luck man, i tried all the local stores in my area none of them carry amber bulbs in that size. i did find a place online tho but its not amber they call it like "jdm yellow" lol wanted $15 per bulb! EFF THAT NOISE

AssyrianKid

Try just taking out the amber bulb and putting some new grease on the wires and putting it back in, i had problems with mine being way too dim and not in sync with the other turn signal and doing that did the trick now it works perfect! a pain in the ass getting it out though lol goodluck

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This isn't rocket science.
You could go to Wal-mart or any auto parts store, use the book to look up which bulb you need.

It's not 3496.
You need any 1157a bulb.

em2a2

I've never seen a 3496 amber myself. The 1157A should twist right in your existing socket with no issue. As for voltage requirements for the different bulbs, I'm not 100% sure. I ran some 2057A bulbs in my 95 civic that I had with a pair of corners for a while with no probs.

greenEJ6

I've never seen a 3496 amber myself. The 1157A should twist right in your existing socket with no issue. As for voltage requirements for the different bulbs, I'm not 100% sure. I ran some 2057A bulbs in my 95 civic that I had with a pair of corners for a while with no probs.
That's cause the 3496 isn't an amber bulb its a clear bulb

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sylvania's site has been wrong more than once in the past. You should always double check your sources before taking something as concrete fact. Go to the store, ask a worker, check another site.... I've found errors before on Sylvania's site so I only speak of said "errors" from past experience.

1157 = non amber version
1157a = amber

riceroni009

https://www.headlights123.com/bulb_display.php?product=eiko_catalog&make=Honda&year=1998&model=Civic&osCsid=0e57458e249e0f3e683f57e76fd43c30

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1998-Honda-Civic-EX/Turn-Signal-Light-Bulb/_/N-jaf2pZ9cjcs

so i just happen to go to walmart and autozone today before i played some hoops, their employee's at either store didnt take rocket science class because they all went off their books of bulb charts that says 3496. im not trying to be a d**k and Baker seems and talks like he knows his stuff but not everyone is a rocket scientist like him apparently

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To end the stupid rant. They are both the same. Both are correct. The actual bulb between the two is different. But both are dual filament and have the same socket size. If you don't believe me buy both.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not trying to be a d**k and Baker seems and talks like he knows his stuff but not everyone is a rocket scientist like him apparently
I never said I was a rocket scientist, I just use a bit of common sense and reason.

~XhAuSt~

None the less there are 2 bulbs both will work. Depends whether you wanna spend the money and get a brighter, longer lasting bulb...... or you wanna just have a turn signal that works. There are more differences but when I'm picking between the bulbs that is how I look at it. Hope that helps

civickid94

Alright just to clarify this, I ended up finding out for myself that an 1157a would work just fine, and I did pick up some at the local parts store. But I do not appreciate being called stupid essentially, because I went to all the shops in town and they all said they didn't carry any amber bulb that would fit in there, and that I needed a 3496. However, 1157a amber looks and works great, and thanks for the help.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no one is calling you stupid..people are just trying to help with the information that they know
most of the people working at auto stores only know what is shown to them in front of the screen, they do not to the different capabilities of every single bulb and to what car they go to so just so you know next time, the shop people don't always know what they are talking about..believe me, I've talked to them and I just agree with what they are saying just to make them feel smart